Rock is dead

Prophet Zacharia

24 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Lately, and unbeknownst to me -- the Who's catalog has once again reached my inner ear.  About 3 months ago I thought they were washed up and pretty lame, old and outdated  -- until I made the mistake of listening to them again.  I was wrong.

There is a reason that classic rock is classic.

• Awesome 1

There's still rock, but now the dance moves done with it are more important than the singing and too many are songs with less than an octave vocal range so that TV stars without much of a voice can sing them.  Fortunately, there are still some excellent singers out there.

17 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

There is a reason that classic rock is classic.

It's about all I ever listen to Max.  Sometimes I think I'm tired of it -- been listening to it for 35 years and it's not even My Generation -- and ready to graduate but it always comes down to there's no better degree out there.  I think I'll stay in school.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Dottles said:

It's about all I ever listen to Max.  Sometimes I think I'm tired of it -- been listening to it for 35 years and it's not even My Generation -- and ready to graduate but it always comes down to there's no better degree out there.  I think I'll stay in school.

I like a mixture of classic rock and new stuff.

3 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I like a mixture of classic rock and new stuff.

That's kind of what I do.  The classic stuff is the base and I cherry pick from the newer stuff.  I suppose that's probably not too uncommon.  Sadly, I do think some of truth in rock is dead.

7 hours ago, Dottles said:

Sadly, I do think some of truth in rock is dead.

What is the “truth in rock”?

I just read Robert Greenfield’s “STP”, Stones Tour Party about the 1972 US tour. Tickets to all shows were $6.50. Kids slept overnight at the mall in line for Ticketmaster to open. The Tour Party took over Hugh Hefner’s private estate for four days while in Chicago. Rock was alive.

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

What is the “truth in rock”?

I just read Robert Greenfield’s “STP”, Stones Tour Party about the 1972 US tour. Tickets to all shows were $6.50. Kids slept overnight at the mall in line for Ticketmaster to open. The Tour Party took over Hugh Hefner’s private estate for four days while in Chicago. Rock was alive.

• Heart 1