July 4 holiday weekend plans....

petitepedal

Off tomorrow so going to take a day trip to our local mountains. Hike, picnic & maybe bring a fly rod with me if the missus doesn’t mind.  Small family BBQ Sat & fireworks (my city allows safe & sane) and Sunday is open. Hopefully a ride or two...

• Heart 1

Work today. I hit the stores this morning. Apples, lemons, eggs, tea for the iced variety. Start work now. At 4:30, beer run and Trader Joes. Make pie crusts and I may bake pies tonight. 
Tomorrow at dawn’s early light, I will fire up the Weber and prep the brisket. Hope is to get that in the smoker by 7. Hit the farmers market for more radishes, carrots, corn and watermelon. If I’m home by 9, go for a quick bike ride. Check the brisket around 10. Wrap it in butcher paper, feed the faar and wait two more hours. Prep the two racks of ribs for round two 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Riding tomorrow with two other couples in Saranac Lake area. Sunday the grandkids are coming over and i took Monday off so we can take them to the lake.

• Heart 1

Tonight will be date night. Might check out a small town fireworks display since our city won’t be having one this year. 

Tomorrow morning will be a 35 mile bike ride with our cycling group. Ride to and from ride will get me near 50. Maybe mow the yard in the afternoon. Tomorrow night will most likely be at a friend’s place. We usually watch the city fireworks from there  but won’t worry about that this year. 

Sunday,I plan to smoke some ribs. Maybe get in a ride but mostly take it easy. 

• Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm going to see fireworks in as many places as possible, I'll take public transportation wherever I can.  I will go to many bars and eat at crowded restaurants.  During the day I will hang out at overcrowded beaches.  This whole COVID thing is a hoax.

Good luck with that 

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm going to see fireworks in as many places as possible, I'll take public transportation wherever I can.  I will go to many bars and eat at crowded restaurants.  During the day I will hang out at overcrowded beaches.  This whole COVID thing is a hoax.

This.