Steamy July 3rd exercise, bike ride or whatever

petitepedal

No riding today but i did just get back from one of our fire towers which required hiking to a mountain top.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

WoJSTL and I got up before 6 AM and walked 3.3 miles. It was already warm and humid. 

Then I rode 22 miles. 5 of them were with my 6 YO twin grandsons. They are already up to 12 miles. My daughter pulls the 2 YO on a bike trailer while their father runs with them.

• Heart 2

We've got 99° and high humidity.  I'm staying inside and cleaning up the apartment.

Not doing much else except thinking of food.

I feel like Amy's Tomato Bisque Soup for lunch with saltines broken up in it.

I've got Sloppy Joes as leftovers but I think I'll save them for Sunday.  I feel like a baked, BBQ rubbed chicken leg quarter, potatoes and green beans. I'll make enough for two days.  That way I can nuke a leg quarters meal and a Sloppy Joes meal on Sunday and Monday if I'm too tired to cook after yard work - Sat. is a pool party with social distancing and a chlorinated pool.

22 miles with 1994 feet of climbing, 1906 feet of descending, so I'm still 88 feet above ground.

Was a nice ride, 2 hours and 44 minutes, I stopped for pictures ( cough, cough )

IMG_4489.JPGHeading up the road

IMG_4491.JPGstill heading up the road

IMG_4496.JPGa high altitude bog at the top of the hill, high altitude is relative, slightly over 2700 feet

IMG_4495.JPGPitcher Plants in the bog

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2