Hamilton

Airehead

52 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

A quick google says no, she must have meant rerunning, it is now streaming for $6.99.  My wife says she has no interest because she doesn't speak rap.  :D

Funny you mention rap. Couple years ago we were passing through Chicago & I got tickets for WoScrapr & myself. WoScrapr really likes plays. Imagine my surprise when the play started & I found out it was rap. It took me about 15 minutes but I started to enjoy it

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Kirby said:

Is it on something other than Disney Plus?  Either way, I'm not likely to watch it.

No, you have to get a month of Disney plus. Watching it with my family in their homes right now.  My brother the historian will point out the errors but he has seen it several times live

• Heart 1

Death doesn't discriminate
Between the sinners
And the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes
And we keep living anyway
We rise and we fall
And we break
And we make our mistakes
And if there's a reason I'm still alive
When everyone who loves me has died
I'm willing to wait for it
I'm willing to wait for it

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/soundtracks/h/hamiltonlyrics/hamiltonact1albumlyrics.html#youllbebacklyrics

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

No, you have to get a month of Disney plus. Watching it with my family in their homes right now.  My brother the historian will point out the errors but he has seen it several times live

It’s available on demand through Disney Plus, yes? If so, I will likely watch it. We saw it off Broadway, the original cast would be great to see.

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I watched it today.  If you get a chance you want to be in the room where it's happening.

I like to think of SW Forum as the forum where it happens. :nodhead:

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

23 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Doubt we will watch, as it is not available on our antenna.  Have fun and enjoy!!

It is not available OTA. Only available on Disney+ the streamed on the Disney+ channel using ROKU, Apple TV. or one of the android based smart devices or programmed TV's. May also be available online via computer but better on large TV with decent sound system. Disney+ use to be available for a free 7 day trial, but Disney eliminated it last week. Now 1 month minimum of Disney TV for $6.99 (ignore the multi feature (Hulu, ESPN+, National Geographic)  they try to push for $12.99. I figured $6.99 was a lot cheaper than the $400 seats that quickly sold out last year (thank goodness). Besides, that was a traveling troupe at $400, where this was the original cast.

We watched it yesterday when in initially came out on the 49" TV with the sound bar recently purchased.  Today watched the YouTube "The Show Must Go On" Michael Flatley "Celtic Tiger" (Irish dance performance group) which airs for free for 48 hours (expires Sunday around 2 Eastern Time) then is taken down with something new next Friday for 48 hours. 

That's enough culture for this weekend.

• Heart 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

So you finally got to the room where it was happening.

It is interesting to wonder how historically "accurate" parts of it are.  Was it really Jefferson and Hamilton secretly negotiating? 

That is a fun part about musicals - the reuse of music throughout - so by the end, so much seems familiar.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I was there yesterday. 

Well, drove through on our way back from kayaking, anyway.

Better to go to Hamilton in the summer when you only have to contend with biting flies than to go in the winter when they are always hammered by lake effect. 

14 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Better to go to Hamilton in the summer when you only have to contend with biting flies than to go in the winter when they are always hammered by lake effect. 

Heh. Hamilton NY. Home of Colgate College.

We kayaked in Nine Mile Swamp. (Home of the Loomis Gang!) When we were headed back to the truck, we passed another couple headed in and I said “Hey, I’ve got a couple extra deerflies if you want them....” I got no takers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Heh. Hamilton NY. Home of Colgate College.

We kayaked in Nine Mile Swamp. (Home of the Loomis Gang!) When we were headed back to the truck, we passed another couple headed in and I said “Hey, I’ve got a couple extra deerflies if you want them....” I got no takers.

My cousin, an alum of Colgate, got married there and we had a great time that weekend. Lovely place.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Is it really rap?

It is rhythmic in a rap sequence, but historical presentation. Difficult to describe. On the video below are snippets that demonstrate.  Saw this twice, second time (before my Disney+ monthis up) picked up on a lot of details, like the dancer in the background that represents the bullet, and the salute to other broadway shows like West Side Story, Jesus Christ Super Star, and The Pirates of Penzance. I can’t get the songs out of my head.. This video cracks up. Such left brained reviews.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

It is rhythmic in a rap sequence, but historical presentation. Difficult to describe. On the video below are snippets that demonstrate.  Saw this twice, second time (before my Disney+ monthis up) picked up on a lot of details, like the dancer in the background that represents the bullet, and the salute to other broadway shows like West Side Story, Jesus Christ Super Star, and The Pirates of Penzance. I can’t get the songs out of my head.. This video cracks up. Such left brained reviews.

I don't feel old anymore.