Sounds seem louder in escrow

Dirtyhip

We have been going out to the property almost daily.  To get a feel for the hood and the noise. A couple of dogs barking were semi annoying.  The car noise was more prevalent too.

I said to my husband..."Those cars sound louder, now that we are in escrow."

Currently, we are in a 15 day due diligence period, where I am fact finding.  I can back out at anytime during this period.  

So far, we still seem pretty positive on the idea.  

The dogs will mellow after the home goes in.  The cars are only noticeable on the back deck.  We have traffic here at our current home too.  Not sure how ti avoid that, and take advantage of easier city living.

Does the car traffic die down on the evening? When you might be outside? Isn't the back deck where you would be most of the time? Or would you be in front

if it makes you feel any better I an hearing a carpet cleaning truck across the street right now! They started promptly at 8:00 am. A couple of renters have moved out recently. Next will be the house across the alley. 

51 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

We have been going out to the property almost daily.  To get a feel for the hood and the noise. A couple of dogs barking were semi annoying.  The car noise was more prevalent too.

I said to my husband..."Those cars sound louder, now that we are in escrow."

Currently, we are in a 15 day due diligence period, where I am fact finding.  I can back out at anytime during this period.  

So far, we still seem pretty positive on the idea.  

The dogs will mellow after the home goes in.  The cars are only noticeable on the back deck.  We have traffic here at our current home too.  Not sure how ti avoid that, and take advantage of easier city living.

I can still hear traffic. Tires are loud. There is no escaping it unless you are truly isolated. 
congrats on the new homestead btw. 

28 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Does the car traffic die down on the evening? When you might be outside? Isn't the back deck where you would be most of the time? Or would you be in front

if it makes you feel any better I an hearing a carpet cleaning truck across the street right now! They started promptly at 8:00 am. A couple of renters have moved out recently. Next will be the house across the alley. 

I does die down. It is a highway though so there is always traffic. Inside the home will be a non issue