Violin Thing

Redfacedwalrus

19 minutes ago, Redfacedwalrus said:

A song is made to take you wherever you end up going. <3 Thank you!

Thank you!! I actively played and learned starting from 6th grade to when I was a Junior in High School. So about 5-6 years. Since then I play whenever I feel the urge, but that's probably only like once every few months at most. But if you add all that time up (which is silly because I haven't learned anything violin-y since High School) it's been 16 years of having my emotive friend around. 

image.png

I'm much more the type to enjoy slow and melodic over fast and technically difficult, so I'm not very "good" x). I feel like the conveyance of emotion (from both the player and the listener) is what instruments are for, and I'm biased specifically toward stringed instruments since they generally allow more control over that aspect.

I'm a strong believer that if a person has a natural creative gift, it comes back no matter how a person suppresses it or just lets it lie fallow in the field.  It's not dead, it's wanting to be awaken by self for a new life.

A long lost friend from my early teens (up to university), whom we shared art, books and writing as teens.... told me that she read chunks of my blog after we reconnected.....well for her, it's knowing me....all over again but in a different, yet familiar way.  I don't know about you, but when I abandon art temporarily, then I end up doing other stuff, writing, photography,...it's like keeping the Muse oiled and alive somehow, so the spark doesn't die completely.

• Heart 2

19 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I'm a strong believer that if a person has a natural creative gift, it comes back no matter how a person suppresses it or just lets it lie fallow in the field.  It's not dead, it's wanting to be awaken by self for a new life.

A long lost friend from my early teens (up to university), whom we shared art, books and writing as teens.... told me that she read chunks of my blog after we reconnected.....well for her, it's knowing me....all over again but in a different, yet familiar way.  I don't know about you, but when I abandon art temporarily, then I end up doing other stuff, writing, photography,...it's like keeping the Muse oiled and alive somehow, so the spark doesn't die completely.

I'm definitely the same way, though I don't even really see it as abandoning one thing and starting another. It's all part of the same artistic/creative/musical side that everyone has, it's just a matter of what means of expressing that currently interests you. I think music really helped me express emotion and ultimately become more empathetic early in life. Even though I don't play very often any more I still very much use that empathy in many things these days from work to home life, sometimes subconsciously and others intentionally.

Just now, Longjohn said:

You know what they say: “If it ain’t baroque don’t fix it”.

:mellow:... 10/10

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Redfacedwalrus said:

I'm definitely the same way, though I don't even really see it as abandoning one thing and starting another. It's all part of the same artistic/creative/musical side that everyone has, it's just a matter of what means of expressing that currently interests you. I think music really helped me express emotion and ultimately become more empathetic early in life. Even though I don't play very often any more I still very much use that empathy in many things these days from work to home life, sometimes subconsciously and others intentionally.

:mellow:... 10/10

May you spend abit more time refining and trying other stuff that your heart/soul desires.

I've only temporarily set aside art...tubes of paint still await, piles of canvasses. Cycling actually helps me...because one is so exposed to weather elements, the immediate environment and moving vistas along the way. https://cyclewriteblog.wordpress.com/2015/07/10/cycling-fires-my-five-senses-inspiration/  Getting into the Zen of a Muse.

• Heart 1

You are a walrus of many talents!!  Very pretty.  I don't have any musical talent, so I'm always impressed by people who can play in addition to their other talents.

• Heart 1