am doing wrong things-- restaurant menus, etc.

shootingstar

I'm doing the wrong things right now  --surfing through hipster online magazine posts on Vancouver restaurant reviews and menus.  Clearly,  that's not going to happen for a long time...

Also feel remorseful and guilty....after living in Toronto and Vancouver for over 25+ yrs....  I probably have only eaten in a total 20  different Asian restaurants.  2 Canadian epi centres of such multitude of choice and range.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Do any of those restaurants have take out curbside service.  That became quite the thing here due to the virus.  Some very fine restaurants are staying alive by offering this service.  We try to help our favorites keep going.

Many would.  And right now, I'm in the wrong city.

11 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Also feel remorseful and guilty....after living in Toronto and Vancouver for over 25+ yrs....  I probably have only eaten in a total 20  different Asian restaurants.  2 Canadian epi centres of such multitude of choice and range.

As mentioned, if this was the "breadth" of your selection - all Asian, all the time - then yes, you are doing something wrong.  Luckily, Asian is a vast part of the world, so include Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, and many other tasty and distinct cuisines.  But, I'd hate to neglect European, African, Mediterranean, or Latin American foods.  I love it all.

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

As mentioned, if this was the "breadth" of your selection - all Asian, all the time - then yes, you are doing something wrong.  Luckily, Asian is a vast part of the world, so include Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, and many other tasty and distinct cuisines.  But, I'd hate to neglect European, African, Mediterranean, or Latin American foods.  I love it all.

I'm trying to say it's been the opposite: when I've eaten out..it's been alot more non-Asian over the decades.

However, I'm still abit of a foodie...when I land on a decent Asian place....then go to it more than once. There are certain things that signify at the most basic level of good cooking technique. Of course, by now people here probably wonder what I eat outside of restaurants....alot of unusual dishes and foods over the years.  It's not hard for me at home, to use dried lily buds, wood ears, dried bean curd sheets or dried scallops (a Chinese delicacy), etc. All of these ingredients are in my cupboards at home.  I'll have bitter melon several times annually ...because it can taste good if married with other foods well.