Drip irrigation

Airehead

I am thinking of putting in drip irrigation because three hours of watering is a chore. Would put it in the front beds which would leave just hauling to the remote areas and eventually trees won’t need water out there. Cutting garden and rock garden probably always use a sprinkler.   Used sprinkler, soaker hose, and hauling today. 

9012E585-BF87-4EF3-A12F-E5D701747455.jpeg

E22918AE-F067-4D5E-9DD7-053738933088.jpeg

1F7E0BCD-AD7B-4114-A00E-637B7630AE85.jpeg

D613264C-8DAF-4881-8985-6490FC878243.jpeg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

A drip system is the most efficient, it puts the highest percentage of the water where the plants need it, and has the lowest loss to evaporation.  If timers are installed it is hands off, even with out timers all you have to do is turn it on and off, adjust the flow rate so you can leave it on a convenient number of hours.

Installation looks time consuming, with having to run a drip tube to each plant. 

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Further said:

Installation looks time consuming, with having to run a drip tube to each plant

Sad to say, I think there is still a 30 year old Gardena system with aboot a million plastic parts that still just covers a small area languishing in my garage.  Or not. Assembling and installing it was way beyond the limit of my patience.  For a small area, hand watering is snot that bad. 

• Heart 1