4th of July miles & challenges & whatevers

bikeman564™

25 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Got a flat a half mile from finishing

I probably just would have put on my cleat covers and walked.

WoBG and I walked the dogs the usual 1 1/2 miles.  Then we decided it was a good day to rest....

30.8 on an out & back. Felt good & strong. 80 degrees and  about 10 mph headwind out. A few Mt bikers parked at the trail heads. But not as many as I would have expected

A few things to make me keep my head about me. The Park & Rec usually runs a bus to pick up floaters on the river downtown. This year they did not because Covid. So the floaters were bunched up North of town in a few spots with roadside access. So there was women in bikinis running across the road. Then a small town North of the house has  a food cart pod. About 5-6 carts. And it was packed. Cars parked every which way and people running across the road. One *sshat swings his pickup door out without looking. It wasn't super close but I did yell at him

Didn't ruin the experience. Just Holiday stuff. Off to let Eos swim at the river

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Oh, I forgot. On my way out coming the other way was a posse of divorce bikes! Even one with 3 seats. A couple years ago WoScrapr & I talked to another group on the 4th of July weekend. Apparently this is a regular thing. Looked like they were all having fun

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, Mr. Grumpy said:

Just finished 10.  Shortened it because my fat ass broke my saddle.  I didn't look too close but I think I just need to re-seat a reinforcement.  I'll look at it better later.

My fat ass actually snapped one of the stays.  I'm saddle shopping today.

• Sad 1