Don't go swimming with your wallet in your pocket

MickinMD

I was swimming for about 10 minutes at my brother's 4th of July Pool Party before I realized my wallet was in a pocket of my swimming trunks.  Previously, I've never put it in my trunks - usually my glove compartment, change of clothes bag, etc.  Fortunately, there were only a few paper/card things, and I was able to separate and dry them before they got ruined. The leather wallet is almost dry now and shows no signs of being ruined.

I'd like to blame it all on Smirnoff Caramel Vodka but I got wallet wet before I drank any alcohol.

20200704_224147_crop_clar_900p.thumb.jpg.779f13cfbc76a76c6c535e06c1b68b79.jpg

We had five hours of swimming/eating/conversing followed by excellent backyard fireworks from five directions followed by a beautiful full moon:

20200704_213014.jpg.64085e0790786a973bed2eed7089072f.jpg 20200704_223125.jpg.495cba7e5e2f46fc2e275af9d43f7c5e.jpg

The light two houses away, partly hidden by the big tree on the right, is the home of local rock star, singer/songwriter Shelby Blondell - I taught high school with her mother and grandmother and know her well - and often she's good for rehearsing/playing in her backyard, but she probably had a gig somewhere for this holiday:

20200704_223139.jpg.1fb4ed18a4216c94ddab5f4e2de6f05c.jpg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

I left my wallet in a pair of work uniform pants, it went through the industrial laundry and came back still in the pocket. The leather wallet shrunk by about a third, the plastic cards were all cracked and wrinkled from the heat, the bills were OK. I think the industrial dryers get pretty damn hot.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Further said:

I left my wallet in a pair of work uniform pants, it went through the industrial laundry and came back still in the pocket. The leather wallet shrunk by about a third, the plastic cards were all cracked and wrinkled from the heat, the bills were OK. I think the industrial dryers get pretty damn hot.

I used to carry a bandanna handkerchief in my back pocket. I kept forgetting about them When getting undressed for the shower. They never came back in the clean laundry. I switched to carrying industrial disposable wiping cloths in my back pocket, they always came back. Some sucker was keeping my bandannas.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

This is an easy blame - age, pure and simple. :D

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Better your wallet then your cell phone!

This is timely. My wife and I get grief from our son for being old and senile for not keeping our cell phones on our persons 24/7. You know, in case we need to get a hold of each other. Yesterday, my wife got a text from our DIL stating that he went swimming with his smart phone in his pocket. He wont get a new phone until tomorrow afternoon. However will we manage until then? :rolleyes:

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

There were a few business cards and one lifetime Senior A.A.Co Admission Card to the pay Parks where the card behind it bled a little onto the back of the card, but all the cards front sides came out fine.

So it all ended well.

If it's another 25 years before I get my wallet wet, I probably won't be in mental shape to realize I did it if I'm still around.

11 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I'd like to blame it all on Smirnoff Caramel Vodka but I got wallet wet before I drank any alcohol.

That's not a very big bottle of vodka.  I'd need way more than before I would  drown my wallet.