My apartment stuff is disintegrating

MickinMD

This morning, every time I pressed the button on my Mr. Coffee Burr Grinder, the container into which the ground beans automatically fall into in the pre-set amount popped loose and the unit sensed it and shut off.  I finally wrapped a rubber band around the whole thing to hold it in place. I guess that's a permanent part of it now.  It pays to have a bag of #32 rubber bands (unstretched 3" x 1/8") in a kitchen drawer: they're so versatile in holding closed food bags that don't have a Ziploc top, etc.

Then, my drip coffee maker began making gurgling noises right from the start (usually when only a little water is left) and it took a few extra minutes to fill the pot.  Maybe a few rinses and a run-through with vinegar will clear whatever's delaying the water.

Then, I realized my power cord had come out of my laptop when I set it aside last night and the TV series I was downloading didn't all download.

Now I need to wash clothes but I'm afraid to start the washer!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

A riding buddy of mine always seemed to have strange electrical problems with things like TVs dying prematurely. One day he had a major water issue with the plumbing from the street to his house. When almost done, the plumber called him over. The ground from his electric service was attached to his main water pipe. The problem was that it's a plastic pipe! He'd been living in the place since it was new over 30 years.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

The ground from his electric service was attached to his main water pipe. The problem was that it's a plastic pipe

I had an inspector require me to clamp a ground wire to a plastic pipe. He said the ground goes to the water pipe, and he didn't care what it was made of.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1