Went paddle boarding this morning

BR46

Wo46 and I went paddling on lake Michigan this morning. The water temperature was 75° the air was 78° ....everything was going fantastic until we got home. 

We unloaded the truck and put the paddle boards in the back yard. We have inflatable boards and I was cleaning Wo46's board and putting it away when my sister called about mom's health and doctors visit. I was on the phone and looking things up on the computer when I heard a....... BOOM. As soon as I heard the noise I knew exactly what it was. I forgot about my board sitting in direct sunlight and over heated and popped.

Even the neighbors who never talk to me came out to see if everything was alright. 

I need a beer. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Hope your mom regains health

Mom is 83 and is in full kidney failure and started dialysis last Thursday. She was transferred to a nursing home for a few days because she has trouble getting around  and want her to get stronger before she goes home.  My step dad is 84 gets around great but with both hearing aids turned up to 11 he still only hears half of what you say. He thought that mom was coming home from the hospital when in fact she was going to the nursing home. Mom thought she was going home because she's confused with everything that has been going on the last few days. My sister is handling all of mom's doctor appointments and making sure mom makes to the right place at the right time.  

Russell was mad and yelling at my sisters for letting the doctor put mom in a nursing home and not home with him. The problem is if mom falls Russell would never hear her call him. 

While listening to my sister tell me everything going on and sort things out on who can handle what days with mom I hear the boom and I knew exactly what it was because I was on the phone a lot longer than I expected. 

I just want to go racing because when I'm racing I only concentrate on racing. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, roadsue said:

Sorry about your board,

Thanks 

One of the seams came apart and I'm going to try to repair it. If that doesn't work I guess I will be getting a new paddle board.

5 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Dang, I didn't even know that was a thing?

Paddle boarding? It's been around for a long long time. :D

Inflatable paddle boards can overheat and the air inside expands and they will pop. 

6 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Paddle boarding? It's been around for a long long time. :D

Inflatable paddle boards can overheat and the air inside expands and they will pop. 

ha! 

Yea, the blowing up part.  I had not heard of that. 

• Heart 1