Fireflies

Further

a series of Multipurpose, Mid-Bulk Transport boats designed by Allied Spacecraft Corporation. The hulls and engines are constructed at ASC's shipyard at New Burbank, Osiris, with final outfitting being outsourced to a dozen smaller companies, including the newly formed Firefly Ship Works on Hera.

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

a series of Multipurpose, Mid-Bulk Transport boats designed by Allied Spacecraft Corporation. The hulls and engines are constructed at ASC's shipyard at New Burbank, Osiris, with final outfitting being outsourced to a dozen smaller companies, including the newly formed Firefly Ship Works on Hera.

I like mine more, and now I have a cat purring beside me.

• Hugs 1

I may have a second synchronous species out here. They have a different flash pattern.  The frontalis species (first described in 2015 btw) here will flash up to 30 times in unison. This possibly new species only flash once or twice together, but it happens frequently enough and in large enough numbers to be more than coincidence. I’m in contact with an entomologist out of Connecticut to see if it is new to taxonomy. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1