A regular customer

maddmaxx

37 minutes ago, Airehead said:

interesting coat

It is.  It's a gray fox.  I have two, a couple.  Here's a commercial picture from a different angle.  The coat is still mottled from that angle.  At first I thought I was getting a picture looking at the fur end on, but it's like this from any angle.

Adirondack Wildlife: The Gray Fox - - The Adirondack Almanack

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Further said:

I used to see one fairly regularly on a mountain bike trail Always in the same area, he would run down the trail in front of me for a couple hundred feet 

It was pretty cool

They like to play.  A couple of years ago when our couple were younger we used to leave a couple of stuffed toys out in the yard at night.  They would play with them just like one of our pets.

• Awesome 1

Mom and Dad used to live on the lake.  They had a boat.  It hung in straps from their dock to keep it out of the water.  They seldom used it.  One year a momma fox snuck under the cover and had her kits in their boat.  When they got old enough to play they would come run around their back yard.

One day mom swears the baby foxes and a baby deer were playing in their back yard.  

Said it happened more than once.

The end.

• Heart 2

28 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Great shot, max (lst one).

I wish I got to take the shot, but the camera is automatic and every now and then there's a good one.  Much of the time it's just squirrels or even leaves blowing round.  Come to think of it the camera is a lot like my photography........found pics in a sea of meh.