It's hard to do anything...

UglyBob

running through a Marshall JM head with a 4x4? Fender Tweed? what we got going on there?

I only get to plug into the Marshall when I goof around with my nephew. All I have here right now is a 20 watt Stinger. It's just enough to scare the dogs and piss off the wife.

• Heart 1

nice collection!  and good alarm system to protect it.

Thanks. I'm almost as bad about guitars as I am about bikes. Besides the 4 electrics in the pic, I also have a cigarbox electric, 7 accoustics, an accoustic bass, 2 ukuleles and a mandolin.

I have issues... B)

Thanks. I'm almost as bad about guitars as I am about bikes. Besides the 4 electrics in the pic, I also have a cigarbox electric, 7 accoustics, an accoustic bass, 2 ukuleles and a mandolin.

I have issues... B)

And can you repair them on the fly as well? ;-)

And can you repair them on the fly as well? ;-)

Actually, yes. My late BIL once knocked his accoustic over when we were camping and broke the little white plastic insert on the bridge. I loosed up the strings, removed the old piece and replaced it with a piece I carved out of a little chunk of oak. Worked fine until we got home and replaced it with the real thing. Can't have a proper campout with music around the fire! B)

• Heart 1

Actually, yes. My late BIL once knocked his accoustic over when we were camping and broke the little white plastic insert on the bridge. I loosed up the strings, removed the old piece and replaced it with a piece I carved out of a little chunk of oak. Worked fine until we got home and replaced it with the real thing. Can't have a proper campout with music around the fire! B)

Made me smile!

Saw a video of someone reparing the neck nut with super glue and bone dust they filed.  Looked like new.

Here's it is.

Inside joke with Z. I had to fix my bike on the fly when we rode together. I was able to tighten my cranks without the proper size hex wrench. I stacked several smaller ones in the hole and got them to bite.

I've made lots if trail and ride repairs for myself and others of the course of my riding life. But watching UB do this, well I was very impressed! And it worked beautifully and our ride trundled out splendidly!

I had a nice repair done to my guitar.  As a stupid teen I was sold a tremolo that needed to be routed into the body, and I actually did it.

DSC01603-L.jpg

20130920_091215-L.jpg

Nice repair job! In my opinion, the only trem that should be on an LP (or any other carved top) is a Bigsby.
  • Heart 1

Tell me about the strats. 

I have had several really nice guitars.  Just recently sold a beautiful Takemine cutaway.  Sunburst. Paid close to 2G for that one.  It was my present to myself for graduating nursing school.  I just never had time to play it like it deserved to be played.  I also was never REALLY satisfied with the action on it so that made selling it easier.

Another fav was a mid 80's Strat pro tone edition.  My god, that thing played well.  It was much more guitar than I would ever need.

Nice repair job! In my opinion, the only trem that should be on an LP (or any other carved top) is a Bigsby.

I agree, these guys did it.

Third Coast Guitar Service    159 N. Racine Av. Chicago, IL 60607  
          312-275-0095     www.thirdcoastguitar.com

Here's the rest of it.  It's a Les Paul Custom from around 1982-84.  It plays beautifully and sounds sweet (when the right person plays it)

20130920_091203-X2.jpg

This pic is from their shop, they sent it to me to show me how it came out.

Just noticed that one of the strats (?) has 4 pickups.  Wild.

The tele looks very sweet.  If I ever get another electric and start playing again it will be a tele.  That or a Peavy Wolfgang.

The one with 4 pickups is a 1965 Marquis made by Teisco. It's kind of a blend between a strat and a jaguar, but instead of 2 center tapped humbuckers it has 4 single coils wired in a similar fashion. It has kind of a thin, nasaly sound; think 60s British invasion.  The other one is an early 70s Harmony strat copy. After my brother went through it, it sounds and plays amazing. I've actually had guys who have the real thing pick it up with a lot of reservations, and then not want to put it down. It has kind of a unique, vintage voice and an easy touch.

• Heart 1