Opening up steps

Randomguy

I prefer the style of "Grip it and Rip it". 

Seriously, there needs to be some formal sort of screening.  Temp, questionnaire, etc.  Maybe alternate days?  1/2 staff M-W-F and the other half T-T, then swap.  You really have to think about lunch.  Eating lunch at desk, VS cramming a bunch of cats into the galley.

22 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Our office is planning our opening and they are asking for input.   Does anyone here have a formalized plan or a template or similar that sounds reasonable that they could share?

Thanks!

We are luckily too far away from that for them to publish anything.  I used to get periodic e-mails from the building manager about what they are doing to keep the place clean, but even those have dropped off after 4 months of WFH.

I can’t really share the document but things we are doing.

We have a list of essential workers who are approved by executive committee. If not on the list you can’t come in. We are still essential employees only.  We are conducting temperature checks and each person has to fill out a questionnaire daily via an app we created.  They certify they aren’t symptomatic & etc. once completed they get a green screen stating they are cleared to enter & the date. on their phone.  Essential persons must wear a mask at al times in our buildings, work stations are at least 6’ apart. We also deep clean our buildings 2X a week and if someone was exposed or is symptomatic & is sent home they clear out &  deep clean that day.

Phase 2 includes all of the above & an expansion of essential persons list.  We are looking at close to 30% reoccupation with phase 2.  

If phase 2 goes well & Covid numbers continue to drop move to phase 3 which is all of the above and about 60% occupation.  

Phase 4 is “back to normal”.

We were about to move to phase 2 when our numbers went up locally so we are holding with essential persons.  

We just postponed our return another week.

The office wasn't 100% full before furloughs, so we have 2 rotating teams, and some full time people.  I'm on the full time team (which I hope is job security)

They were looking into plexi screens in the open office but decided every other desk is fine.  No masks unless you're up walking around, not sure if I'm a fan of that.  They did put in some temperature checking camera at the front door.

We did do a great job on the church opening, with a fantastic instructional video.  It's gone very well for a few weeks, no hassles, no one getting too close.  The bishop came in for Mass last week, he did have an unmasked entourage, not a fan of that

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I prefer the style of "Grip it and Rip it". 

Seriously, there needs to be some formal sort of screening.  Temp, questionnaire, etc.  Maybe alternate days?  1/2 staff M-W-F and the other half T-T, then swap.  You really have to think about lunch.  Eating lunch at desk, VS cramming a bunch of cats into the galley.

OSHA is suggesting break rooms remain closed. 

• Heart 1

I don't know all the steps in re-opening even part way which means adherence to OHSA in our jurisdiction.

However we were told 30% occupation in any office floor….as employees that will be stickers in every meeting/shared common work area on the max. rm. occupancy for sufficient social distancing.  Also stickers certain common surface areas...not to touch in board /meeting rms.  That alone is going to be a lot of effort for our Facility Mgmt. dept. to prepare..because we own and use 200 different buildings across the city.

In our main building, we do have floor directional arrows, cordoned line-up areas for the public.

Masks have been bought for employees and are provided for pickup whenever we go into the office for the office workers --cloth, non medical. We have field staff which varies in their job requirements and who they work with. Front-line certain workers  --firefighters, social work staff who work with vulunerable population have N-95.

BEcause of thinly staffed buildings at this time, supervisors have to know which days their staff will be in office.  From a security and safety perspective this is done.  We've had public protest gatherings in front of main building...several times.

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

OSHA is suggesting break rooms remain closed. 

Yeah forgot about that.  Break room concierges to get coffee/water no employees in break rooms.  Bathrooms limit 1 at a time with bathroom monitors outside to keep count. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1