What was your favorite game as a child?

Airehead

10 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

We still play Globetrotters when we get together.  A couple years ago one of the kids found copies of the game for the other two.  It is an awesome game where you travel to cities around the world and do 'adventures'.  Some are good, some not and some expensive.  Each adventure is each city is something you can actually do.  When the three kids traveled after school many times theh would message back they had done something mentioned in the game.

You win keys to the city, but people can steal them, or you can go to a place like vegas, gamble and lose and be deported home.  

blogglobetrottersfull.jpg.888ef1804fbe2221eaa3c67fe8c0d09e.jpg

FB_IMG_1594062893966.thumb.jpg.1b429dd9e28825a9926db9835ebe2bb5.jpg

This picture was my wife making us sit for a picture after she absolutely crushed us this year at Christmas to become the reigning 'Champion of the World'

On time playing during the day we called the company to get an offical ruling on something weird that had happened that was not covered in the rule book

You both look so very happy.

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

We still play Globetrotters when we get together.  A couple years ago one of the kids found copies of the game for the other two.  It is an awesome game where you travel to cities around the world and do 'adventures'.  Some are good, some not and some expensive.  Each adventure is each city is something you can actually do.  When the three kids traveled after school many times theh would message back they had done something mentioned in the game.

You win keys to the city, but people can steal them, or you can go to a place like vegas, gamble and lose and be deported home.  

blogglobetrottersfull.jpg.888ef1804fbe2221eaa3c67fe8c0d09e.jpg

FB_IMG_1594062893966.thumb.jpg.1b429dd9e28825a9926db9835ebe2bb5.jpg

This picture was my wife making us sit for a picture after she absolutely crushed us this year at Christmas to become the reigning 'Champion of the World'

On time playing during the day we called the company to get an offical ruling on something weird that had happened that was not covered in the rule book

I love that you still play. 

• Heart 1

Elementary school:

Included jump the rubber ball.  Our elementary school was 2 stories high and built in 1920's...so not all glass. Lots of solid brick balls so we could fling the rubber ball at wall super high and try to jump it when it first bounced onto the pavement.

Double-dutch with skipping rope....I think I got past 2,000 jumps in 1 session.  It makes me gasp just thinking about now.... I tried skipping rope a few years ago and found how much effort it took for me ...different muscles and different ways of using heart compared to cycling fast for many kms.

I went through 3 elementary school years where I loved softball.  Standing their in the "field" while it was 85 degrees F @ 90% humidity. Amazing what we played through.  Our playgrounds had no grass..all cement. 

I was never interested in board games...did play Monopoly occasionally.  Nor did I play much of any card games.

• Heart 1

On 7/6/2020 at 12:35 PM, Dottles said:

Anybody remember this?

Winning Moves Parcheesi Royal Edition

I forgot about Parcheesi, we played that game.   I remember playing Clue, Monopoly, Risk, Sorry, Battleship, and when we were older Pinochle.

We played outside a LOT when I grew up.  Pickup games, of baseball, football, and basketball.   We go to the local swimming pool.   And of course, we’d ride our bikes a lot.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Jarts

Jarts…   OMG I’m surprised we didn’t kill someone playing with them

After a while we got ‘creative’ and setup the rings (the landing target) on each side of the house.  We’d throw them just about as high as we could to go over the house.  I remember yelling out ‘incoming’ when we’d spot a Jart in flight over the house.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Nor did I play much of any card games.

My mother was a master of bridge. She played twice a week with her groups. 
She taught my sister and me how to play, but we never had a fourth, so only played on holidays when her sisters came to visit with their families. 
Together we usually played gin rummy. She was a master at that too. Absolutely ruthless. 

• Heart 1