One step closer to NHL starting to play

Mr. Silly

57 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

How will the Bruins know the playoffs have started if they can’t eliminate the Leafs in the first round?

Leaf looked terrible in game 1.  They're up 1 - 0 after 2 over the BJ's.  They don't look great but they've definitely improved.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Grumpy said:

Leaf looked terrible in game 1.  They're up 1 - 0 after 2 over the BJ's.  They don't look great but they've definitely improved.

After the BJ's choke on a primo scoring chance, Leafs get a break away and go up 2 - 0.

47 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I think PZ cares deeply about both.  I'm neither. 

Until MLB has a hard salary cap, I can’t say I’m a fan. I’ll watch playoffs, but know my profit-whoring owner will never spend to win. So I don’t go, or watch. But I wouldn’t say that nobody cares.

Johnny Rotten: “It’s not ‘We don’t fuckin care... It’s we don’t care’.”

Sid: “I don’t fuckin care”.

0DDFB9BE-5748-48A6-9277-74BF007F0918.gif

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Until MLB has a hard salary cap, I can’t say I’m a fan. I’ll watch playoffs, but know my profit-whoring owner will never spend to win. So I don’t go, or watch. But I wouldn’t say that nobody cares.

Johnny Rotten: “It’s not ‘We don’t fuckin care... It’s we don’t care’.”

Sid: “I don’t fuckin care”.

0DDFB9BE-5748-48A6-9277-74BF007F0918.gif

Well Oakland is doing pretty well with a limited budget. Amazing really what they have been able to do the past few years.

27 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Well Oakland is doing pretty well with a limited budget. Amazing really what they have been able to do the past few years.

Pirates did well for about 4 seasons. That’s as long as a small market team lasts. 

And getting back to the earlier “nobody cares”... I meant no one cares if the championship resulting from a 182 or 162 or whatever season length. A championship is a championship... except for the haters. Like @Razors Edge

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Another reason not to watch.  Afternoon hockey?  Some of us have to work.

I fucking love afternoon hockey!

I fire it up on my tablet and put the volume low and keep it beside me all afternoon.  It is better than anything on daytime TV.  

Afternoon hockey is one of the perks of working from home.

You are wrong.  :ban:

8 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Everyone will, the season after next.

Seattle hasn't been much of a hockey town.  When I was a kid I'd go to the minor league Thurderbird games.  But now that we have a professional team... I may actually have to start following them.  Normally when you guys talk "puck" I don't add much to the conversation.  Fish out of water.

Toronto out. So now both host city’s teams have been eliminated, and some of the biggest stars in Crosby, McDavid and Matthews are gone, BEFORE the playoffs have started. 

I wonder if the NHL now regrets not having the top three teams in each division make the playoffs, as in other years, and then having a round robin tournament to determine the Wild Card winners. I don’t think it would have done anything but delay the inevitable for my Penguins, it would have would have bit a bit more normalized. Where’s that asterisk @Razors Edge was asking for?

:quitur::DeadHorse:

On 8/11/2020 at 3:36 PM, Mr. Grumpy said:

Will Columbus sweep the Lightning again?

No. I was unsure after their first loss, but after their second loss I will be definitive in my claim they will not sweep the Lightning again.

I thought Philly would sweep the Canadiens, but game 2 was a dog for them.

I’ve been watching the Capitals-NYI series with my Caps fan-family. They haven’t been pleased, and now the series swings to the Islanders as home team for games 3 and four (:whistle:).

I’m curious as to the Rask fallout in Boston. Are the Bruins as supportive as they claim, or are they privately seething? Will the fans be forgiving?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Grumpy said:

I knew the Caps would regret letting Trotz go.  It didn't take a Svengali to figure that out though.

It will be nice not to have to listen to Milbury. 

I hope Rierdon’s made enough to retire. I don’t see him getting a hire anytime... ever. 

The funny thing about Milbury is he’s said so many more harmful things about the game of hockey over the years. While I am glad he is gone and understand why women are angry with him, I think his comment wasn’t as horrific as the reaction indicates. No, women aren’t just a “distraction”, but not going out on the town after and between games has to help a young athlete’s playing performance, which I think is what he was trying to say.