One step closer to NHL starting to play

Mr. Silly

16 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Both teams have been eliminated and scattered to the wind. Is this when I’m supposed to claim it’s a meaningless tournament and the winner will be asterisked?

Yep!  On the plus side, NEXT season probably starts in a three months, so you have that going for you!

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Tampa was the better team.

The Lightning team is stacked even without Stamkos.

13 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

The good news is this will hopefully be Chara's last year in a Bruins jersey.

I know he's lost a step from 10 years ago but Chara is still an asset  to any team.   I wasn't aware there was ill feelings toward him in the Boston area.

1 minute ago, Mr. Grumpy said:

I know he's lost a step from 10 years ago but Chara is still an asset  to any team.   I wasn't aware there was ill feelings toward him in the Boston area.

I don't speak for Boston, or listen to talk radio, but his glory days are behind him.  Too often you hear, Chara mishandled the puck, Chara failed to clear the zone, Chara made an errant pass, Chara whiffed on the shot...

He may be strong, he may be a great leader, but this is a fast game and that lends itself more toward a younger mind.

• Heart 1

"Upsets" aren't a thing in this year's playoffs.  So much extra stuff to deal with, hockey is such a mental game.  And it will get worse the longer they are away from their families.

I just hope the Flyers can get their focus back and get past the Isles.  It will get easier for them after this series.

2 hours ago, 12string said:

"Upsets" aren't a thing in this year's playoffs.  So much extra stuff to deal with, hockey is such a mental game.  And it will get worse the longer they are away from their families.

I just hope the Flyers can get their focus back and get past the Isles.  It will get easier for them after this series.

I’m not sure I’d consider Tampa an easier opponent than the NYI.

what is Stamkos’ injury? I noticed he wasn’t playing early in the playoffs but haven’t been following Round 2 closely.

12 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

what is Stamkos’ injury? I noticed he wasn’t playing early in the playoffs but haven’t been following Round 2 closely.

The best I could find is its a "lower body" injury from training camp before the start of the round robin. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Grumpy said:

I wonder if PZ will not really care about that season too?  Maybe the asterisk is a warning sign as well as an indicator? 

Honestly, for this season, and maybe next one as well, living in a bubble away from friends and family would likely prove to be an incentive to wrap up the season early rather than to prolong it with play off games.  "Let's fulfill our contract and move on" sort of thing.

48 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I wonder if PZ will not really care about that season too?  Maybe the asterisk is a warning sign as well as an indicator? 

Honestly, for this season, and maybe next one as well, living in a bubble away from friends and family would likely prove to be an incentive to wrap up the season early rather than to prolong it with play off games.  "Let's fulfill our contract and move on" sort of thing.

Or do what Rask did, throw in the towel during the playoffs to go home and be with family.

19 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Tampa's a better team than the Isles, no doubt.  Stylistically, Flyers match up far better against Tampa than the Isles and Habs.  Flyers are too young and too small to deal with the Isle's system very well

On 9/3/2020 at 3:36 PM, Mr. Grumpy said:

You think he'll be with Boston next year?

Doubt it.  Feels like he's checked out.

Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask made some ripples this week with some interesting comments he made last month about his long-term NHL future in an interview with the Boston Globe. “I have one year left in the contract, so we'll see if I even play,” said the 33-year-old Rask to the Globe on his future beyond next season.

• 2 weeks later...