Do I trust this site? How do I know?

smudge

1 hour ago, smudge said:

I've been eyeing up this set for quite some time now. This site has a ridiculous price on it. Do I trust the site and buy the set???

It seems that when one googles that product name that there are different "sets", some with different items and quantities.  Your price is very good compared to most but I'm not sure it's an apples v apples comparison.

On the other hand, a search for reviews on torybaby.myshopify returns a negative review if I've done this right.  It looks like a group of sellers under one overall group and it doesn't look like they police things as well a someone like Amazon.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/my-complete-boutique.myshopify.com?page=4

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Can you use PayPal? Nothing to lose really. Are you going hiking or bike packing?

My thought exactly when I saw the PayPal listing.  I once bought a very cheap bunch of stainless steel wood screws for making raised beds with deck wood from an online ma-pa hardware place in Midwestern Farm Country.  I got it only because they took Paypal so my purchase was protected.

By the way, Discover Card's 5% Cashback Bonus (sign up free on your Discover site page) for July-Sep. is for Paypal purchases and Restaurants ("Restaurant purchases are those made at merchants classified as full-service restaurants, cafes, cafeterias and fast food locations" including delivery)

Purchase Protection covers all eligible purchases where PayPal is used, as well as payments made through our website. To take advantage of Purchase Protection, we require, among other things, that PayPal accounts be kept in good standing and ask that a dispute be filed within 180 days of your purchase or payment.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Can you use PayPal? Nothing to lose really. Are you going hiking or bike packing?

I bought something that was a fake from China, made me feel silly and taken.  I used PayPal, so no worries, except they pretty much said tough luck.  I refused to return the product.  I refused to return it because the vendor refused to provide return info.

25 minutes ago, smudge said:

Maybe.  Mostly just playing.

If you want something fancy to pay for that isn't going to ship I'll make up some pictures...$49.95 in 3 easy payments. Free shipping

FancySailing | Holiday of a lifetime

durn it..your last post shows you're on to me

• Haha 1

I look at buying stuff from an unknown seller sort of like gambling. If you can’t afford to lose don’t play. A $25 cooking set is not the end of the world if it turns out to be pure junk throw it away and go on.

The thing I wouldn’t trust them with is your credit card, that’s why I suggested pay pal. Even if PayPal doesn’t get you your money back it keeps the seller from using/selling your credit card information.

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I look at buying stuff from an unknown seller sort of like gambling. If you can’t afford to lose don’t play. A $25 cooking set is not the end of the world if it turns out to be pure junk throw it away and go on.

The thing I wouldn’t trust them with is your credit card, that’s why I suggested pay pal. Even if PayPal doesn’t get you your money back it keeps the seller from using/selling your credit card information.

I have a paypal card that I use along with pay pal for my online purchases and only that purpose.  I also have a separate Amazon card.  This separates my regular finances from anything online.

• Awesome 1