AMD Ryzen / Titan Computers

jsharr

As we grow, we are having some issues with the audio on our website due to our rapidly growing subscriber base, so I recently upgraded the box we run our audio on to a Dell with a Core i7 processor.  It will last for a year or so, but being proactive, want to get something more robust in place sooner.

Looking at a Titan A200 running an AMD Ryzen 3950 processor.

Have never used AMD, so a bit leery, but apparently they are big in the engineering world due to processing power.

https://www.titancomputers.com/A200-AMD-RYZEN-9-Ultra-Fast-Workstation-PC-p/a200.htm

Any of you ever used a Titan computer or an AMD Ryzen processor?

I've never used Tinan; I build my own.  But, the last few computers I have built have all been AMD.  In fact, I'm building another AMD computer in the next few weeks with a 2600 CPU (I've used this CPU several times).

For what I do, AMD fits my needs and you tend to get a little bit more bang for your buck.  I've used several of the Ryzen processors and they have always worked well for me.

Mudkipz 

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, The_Karen_Cooper_Incident said:

I've never used Tinan; I build my own.  But, the last few computers I have built have all been AMD.  In fact, I'm building another AMD computer in the next few weeks with a 2600 CPU (I've used this CPU several times).

For what I do, AMD fits my needs and you tend to get a little bit more bang for your buck.  I've used several of the Ryzen processors and they have always worked well for me.

Mudkipz 

Thank you for the advice and knowlege!

Being a Texan, I do not have the talent or knowledge to build my own, so need something prebuilt.  The system we are using for audio puts lots of demand on the processor.  We were getting close to 100% usage of the Core i3 and are at about 40% usage on the Core i7 we replaced it with.

So I want a processor that has as many cores and as much processing power as I can get for the buck.  16 gig for RAM is good.  Storage is not an issue as this machine is just for audio and nothing is stored and we do not need great graphics card either.  

Just a powerful processor and some ram and the ability to run Windows 10.

30 minutes ago, jsharr said:

As we grow, we are having some issues with the audio on our website due to our rapidly growing subscriber base, so I recently upgraded the box we run our audio on to a Dell with a Core i7 processor.  It will last for a year or so, but being proactive, want to get something more robust in place sooner.

Have never used AMD, so a bit leery, but apparently they are big in the engineering world due to processing power.

https://www.titancomputers.com/A200-AMD-RYZEN-9-Ultra-Fast-Workstation-PC-p/a200.htm

I've been using AMD processors since early 2000s. I will always use them. I'm currently running an AMD Phenom II 1045T 6-core from 2009. No issues thus far. Still plenty powerful.

37 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Do what?

14 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Thank you for playing along.

I    WILL    TRY    TO        TYPE            SLOWER            AND             LOUDER           FOR               YOU.

FIFH

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I always get AMD HP refurbished laptops - hundreds cheaper than Intel - and while I've only been getting around 3 GHZ quad-core processors, they match the Intel specs various sources list for running 1080p, 3D HSBS video and run them fine.

I am looking at at 10 to 12 core machine.  Quad core will not cut it.  Current machine is an Intel Core i7 with 8 cores and we are running at over 40% CPU usage on it right now, with spikes in the 70% range at times.

The AMD Ryzen I am looking at is a 16 core processor.  

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Being a Texan, I do not have the talent or knowledge to build my own

Sure you do.  You are bright.  And if I can do it, you can do it.  There are tons of U2 videos out there.

But, I understand if you want a pre-built computer.  It's easier and if it goes crazeh, you have someone to call.

• Heart 1