Boss rant

BR46

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

You still don’t understand how retirement is supposed to work.

I understand it. ...last year Joe was shot handed so I helped him out. This year he's just talking advantage of me like most bosses I've had. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

It's not your problem. Don't let them make it yours. 

But he's trying. .....when I walked in to his office he was looking at boats on the Internet and I called him out on it. Then I remembered him that I'm not here because I need the money. 

• Heart 4

30 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I'm not here because I need the money. 

OK so you have been a helping....     no good deed goes unpunished.  

I've been retired for almost 3 years.   It would take a lot to get me to go back to work after 40 years, 2 months, and 12 days.  (not that I counted...)

It looks like you have to make a choice.

Me.. If I still wanted to work.  I'd ask for a 100% raise in exchange (for a limited time,) working more hours.    Sure it's not about the money... but your time is worth a lot too.    And then negotiate if you want the job.

Or just quit...  Life's short.    The older get the more I understand....

• Heart 2

I've not read the other comments and only the beginning of your rant. However, that is often what happens when you are good at what you do. A 'good' boss recognizes this, and would rather retain you in place for more hours than having to hire someone else to get all the work done. Good is relative to who is doing the evaluation.  Just my point of view, and I can be a rebel.

• Heart 4

12 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

You need a boss like mine.  

He came in today and was printing documents. As he’s walking back & forth past my door  from his office to the printer I grabbed a nerf pistol I brought in to shoot the facilities guys with and drilled him right in the ear as he walked by my office.  Except I didn’t realize he was on a call/had phone to other ear so he flipped me off and kept walking.  A few minutes later he stopped at my door and said amazing shot & threw the dart back at me.

We had a boss who sometimes tried to stick his nose in what we were doing. The water hose usually got him to back off. I don’t think the other crews could have got away with it but our crew was where he was making most of his money and good numbers. Of course he had lots of time to plan his pay back for getting him soaked. Working in extreme heat with hot steel getting hosed down isn’t really a bad thing.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

I've not read the other comments and only the beginning of your rant. However, that is often what happens when you are good at what you do. A 'good' boss recognizes this, and would rather retain you in place for more hours than having to hire someone else to get all the work done. Good is relative to who is doing the evaluation.  Just my point of view, and I can be a rebel.

It’s the dilbert principle. That is why I am a Wally. :)

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, ChrisL said:

You need a boss like mine.  

He came in today and was printing documents. As he’s walking back & forth past my door  from his office to the printer I grabbed a nerf pistol I brought in to shoot the facilities guys with and drilled him right in the ear as he walked by my office.  Except I didn’t realize he was on a call/had phone to other ear so he flipped me off and kept walking.  A few minutes later he stopped at my door and said amazing shot & threw the dart back at me.

A good boss will always lend you his ear.

• Haha 3