One day will miss intellectual effort of multiple meetings in 1 day

shootingstar

3-4 meetings in 1 day is at least once per wk.  Throughout the wk. have 2-4 other different meetings.  Sometimes it's only half an hr. Others maybe 1.5 hrs. long. In these meetings, sometimes I am requjired to present/update others on my  projects.  I can't sleep through such meetings  90% of time:  'cause we  share valuable information/issues, finalize solution/best approach and becomes often a de facto standard how we do things and what we tell users/clients.

In between meetings, I'm jumping from responding to emails, assignments where some thinking ..and more chat with others at times, 

My former job in different dept.  was only 1 meeting per wk. ...not same type of meeting at most. :whistle:

I am tired....and have been working full-time from home. I've been in office 4% of all time since early Mar.   WFH has not changed much for me on timelines/volume of work for me.

• Heart 1

I think the job I have is probably as well suited for me as any at this point.  We have a lot of calls and meetings, but I think I'd get similar or better intellectual challenge by reading a good book.

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Airehead said:

I spend 80 percent of the first 40 hours of my work week in meetings right now. 

Meetings have definitely increased as we WFH, but it is likely tied to substituting in person talking at a person's desk with now having to set up a meeting so you can show your screen, etc..  Likewise, I used to skip meetings in the office and say "just grab me if you need me" to the suckers who actually went.  Now, it is easy enough to join the meeting but keep working on other stuff.  

I pretty much HATE meetings, but realize they are useful for some things.

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Meetings have definitely increased as we WFH, but it is likely tied to substituting in person talking at a person's desk with now having to set up a meeting so you can show your screen, etc..  Likewise, I used to skip meetings in the office and say "just grab me if you need me" to the suckers who actually went.  Now, it is easy enough to join the meeting but keep working on other stuff.  

I pretty much HATE meetings, but realize they are useful for some things.

My number of work meetings is 85% same as it was prior to covid restrictions/WFH.

Some meetings are quite useful and for me, it does create a connection to others.  I would be a fool to think I could do my job in total isolation and total independence.  If one is an expert in something, you are expected to share/mentor others.