Tonight's binge watching

Ralphie

Nurse Jackie, with Edie Falco.  Was on Showtime for seven years up until 2015.  Very good two episodes in.  At 7  years worth, why did I start this?  I guess I was a little disappointed that the last few I watched were only two years - I just get started and boom, done!  Better Call Saul was just aboot right at 4 years worth.

Oh, and it has kd lang in the sound track, so that wins me over big time.

• Heart 2

35 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

The kd lang thing sent me down this rabbit hole.  There are a few here I haven't heard.  But it is definitely missing a few from the Even Cowgirls Get the Blues soundtrack and a few others, like Sexuality.

I don't know why, but I've been thinking about "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues"

Googled Tom Robbins

Googled Uma Thurman 

Did everything but rewatch the movie and reread the book

But I sure thought about it...

• Awesome 1

52 minutes ago, Further said:

I'm dancing around starting Ozark, we watched a bit of it, then I drifted.... 

43 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

It seems like it must be pretty dark.  Daughter #1 liked it I think.

We liked it.  It is dark.  Once Ruth gets introduced, IMO she steals every scene she is in, and the whole show.  But it is dark.  No nudity, lots of swearing

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Further said:

I don't know why, but I've been thinking about "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues"

Googled Tom Robbins

Googled Uma Thurman 

Did everything but rewatch the movie and reread the book

But I sure thought about it...

I had a cassette of that sound track - loved it!

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

We watched a PBS special about Julia Child. Had clips of her show, with current chefs providing commentary about how funny, down to earth, difficult or amazing what she was doing was. 
She put a poached egg in her French Onion Soup!

Once again all I have really seen of her is when she was parr8ied by Dan Ackroyd. :D

• Hugs 1

11 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Nurse Jackie, with Edie Falco.  Was on Showtime for seven years up until 2015.  Very good two episodes in.  At 7  years worth, why did I start this?  I guess I was a little disappointed that the last few I watched were only two years - I just get started and boom, done!  Better Call Saul was just aboot right at 4 years worth.

Oh, and it has kd lang in the sound track, so that wins me over big time.

I've done similar stuff.  I'm on Season 1, Episode 12 of Mom - I never watched the first few seasons and now I'm understanding how they got into AA, etc.

I also need to catch up on the new Dr. Who Episodes.  I watched the very excellent rebirth or the series beginning in 2005 until Washington and Baltimore PBS stations stopped carrying it a several years ago.  There have been 5 series since, and I'm in the process of accumulating them.

I just got a new dvr.  My old one broke right before the stay at home order started, so I could get a cable box, but they couldn't come out to install a new dvr until we were sufficiently reopened.  So I'm mainly having fun seeing all the updates that have happened in the last 15 years.   And I'm recording stuff just because I can.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

I just got a new dvr.  My old one broke right before the stay at home order started, so I could get a cable box, but they couldn't come out to install a new dvr until we were sufficiently reopened.  So I'm mainly having fun seeing all the updates that have happened in the last 15 years.   And I'm recording stuff just because I can.

A dvr might make me a little nervous just like getting the daily newspaper or magazines did. I always felt like I couldn’t pitch them until I read them cover to cover. Which reminds me, I have seen maybe 80+% of every 60 minutes for most of my adult life, and I get cranky when a fambly event causes me to miss it, so I always mean to watch it later online but never do. Hmm, I wonder if I am ocd? :D

Or just a cranky old man who is set in his ways?  

2 hours ago, Further said:

Any of ya'll watch Lost ?

Ever get tempted to binge it ?

I was mildly interested the first season or two, but I Lost interest.  Get it?  But it very well might have just been evangeline lilly that kept me watching, now that I think aboot I!  :whistle: :D