So what is your favourite bagel?

Ralphie

Just now, 2Far said:

DD everything, toasted with bountiful cream cheese. 

What DD serves is not really a bagel but I have eaten them in a pinch. My homemade bagels are pretty durn good even if I say so myself. Not as good as Brownstein’s however.  

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

What DD serves is not really a bagel but I have eaten them in a pinch. My homemade bagels are pretty durn good even if I say so myself. Not as good as Brownstein’s however.  

Not a lot of indy bagel places around here. Being gluten sensitive really limits my bagel consumption anyhow. 

It depends on the bagel maker.

My favourites:  everything grain, pumpernickel, jalapeno or sesame. I'm willing to try innovative savoury flavours.  Toasted with a small amount of butter or with very light cream cheese with herbs or with lox on top. :) 

I'm not oriented to have a sweet bagel.  After living in Toronto, where bagel-making began there with the large Jewish local community, then variations, I guess I just like the savoury versions.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

Probably onion but I’m down with anything savory. Not a donut guy but bagels are hard for me to pass up.  

There is a Cafe/coffee shop near a popular trail head that does a lox bagel I love. Freshly made bagels too. I pile all the lox on one 1/2 of the bagel, top it with thinly sliced red onion & capers & immediately toss the other half.  Even then it’s hard for me not to pull it out of the trash & eat it!

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Probably onion but I’m down with anything savory. Not a donut guy but bagels are hard for me to pass up.  

There is a Cafe/coffee shop near a popular trail head that does a lox bagel I love. Freshly made bagels too. I pile all the lox on one 1/2 of the bagel, top it with thinly sliced red onion & capers & immediately toss the other half.  Even then it’s hard for me not to pull it out of the trash & eat it!

I love lox on bagels.

• Heart 2

Salt bagel  but LCS has skinnied down the bagel selection. First it was take out only but now limited sit down service. When the Covid hit they only ordered about 3 different varieties. Everything, cheese & garlic I think. Now I just let the coffee tender choose a bagel for me

*I gave sad faces to everyone else's choice that was not salted bagel

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Salt bagel  but LCS has skinnied down the bagel selection. First it was take out only but now limited sit down service. When the Covid hit they only ordered about 3 different varieties. Everything, cheese & garlic I think. Now I just let the coffee tender choose a bagel for me

*I gave sad faces to everyone else's choice that was not salted bagel

Sounds like doughy, soft version...of a true German pretzel (with salt. True German pretzels from German bakery don't have salt on top), which is firm, not soft (American) pretzel.

There's one store around here that sells berry bagels which are mainly cranberry.  If we order from there, I'm definitely getting berry. 

Overall, rye or everything tend to be my favorite, but cinnamon raisin is good if it's a pure breakfast and not brunch.  Basically, I'm not that picky when it comes to bagels.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

cinnamon raisen, or plain w/ a good creme cheese

I always wondered who ate those.  I almost answered "Any bagel."  Then, I realized that would be a lie, cause if someone brought me a cinnamon raisen one, I would fee super jipped.  

My favorite is a cheese bagel, or an everything.  I've been known to eat a salt one with mustard like a pretzel.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I always wondered who ate those.  I almost answered "Any bagel."  Then, I realized that would be a lie, cause if someone brought me a cinnamon raisen one, I would fee super jipped.  

My favorite is a cheese bagel, or an everything.  I've been known to eat a salt one with mustard like a pretzel.  

:(

• Haha 1