Have you been arrested?

Randomguy

I spent one night in the Portland ME city lockup for possession of weed in 1981. Got busted at a Jackson Browne  concert. Ended up with a disorderly conduct charge which was dismissed as long as i left ME that day. That was many years ago.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Have you ever been arrested? And I proceeded to tell them the story of the Alice’s Restaurant Massacree with the 27 8X10 color glossy photographs with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one describing what each one was to be used as evidence against us.

• Haha 4

Just now, Longjohn said:

Have you ever been arrested? And I proceeded to tell them the story of the Alice’s Restaurant Massacree with the 27 8X10 color glossy photographs with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one describing what each one was to be used as evidence against us.

Often I am peeling potatoes when the LRS plays that at noon on Thanksgiving. :D

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

SP’s Jam you up for drinking Coors Light?!  Hell I would have! 😁

Buddy and his wife were not doing well.  She went home to Reno for 2 weeks.  While she was home he found out that he got orders to get deployed for 6 months. It was pretty much a death sentence for his marriage.   I took him out and got him drunk.  Should not have driven home.  It was stupid. I guess cops didn't want to mess with us.  We were nice, respectful.  Passed the field sobriety test.  Nobody asked me to blow a breathalizer.  They just called the shore patrol out of Pensacola.  Fortunately the cats that came out to pick us up knew us.  Dropped us at our street on the way back to base.  Just had to figure out how to get back to my Jeep the next morning.   

• Heart 4

3 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Buddy and his wife were not doing well.  She went home to Reno for 2 weeks.  While she was home he found out that he got orders to get deployed for 6 months. It was pretty much a death sentence for his marriage.   I took him out and got him drunk.  Should not have driven home.  It was stupid. I guess cops didn't want to mess with us.  We were nice, respectful.  Passed the field sobriety test.  Nobody asked me to blow a breathalizer.  They just called the shore patrol out of Pensacola.  Fortunately the cats that came out to pick us up knew us.  Dropped us at our street on the way back to base.  Just had to figure out how to get back to my Jeep the next morning.   

We didn’t really mess with DUI on base unless the person was being a real Jack ass.  We generally held them and had the PMO call their unit & have their First Sergeant come get them.  

Probably a worse punishment than DUI... 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

We didn’t really mess with DUI on base unless the person was being a real Jack ass.  We generally held them and had the PMO call their unit & have their First Sergeant come get them.  

The funny part of the story is that we had pulled into a pawn shop and were just going to duck behind a sign to pee really quick.  The big sign in the parking lot was the kind that is on a small trailer, lit up with interchangeable letters and an arrow on one end.  Well at the time it just seemed like a really good idea to rearrange the letters to say "penis fart".  The cops driving by didn't seem to think that this was such a good idea.  You see, this pawn shop had been broken in to recently.  They cuffed us and called the owner.  Owner came down and took one look at us.  Two half-drunk, clean-cut, respectable sailors.  He said "you boys stealing from me?"  

"No sir".  He told the cops to let us go and not press charges.  I think that they cops decided they were done at that point.  They wanted to bust a thief and they had not even seen us driving.  So that's when they called shore patrol.  

I learned a lesson that night!

• Heart 3

27 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Your mom is right. You are a good boy. 

53 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Frisked after the cop falsely claimed he smelled pot in the car. We hadn’t been smoking. He found nothing, had nothing on us and let us go.

Sadly I have seen it done many times and viola’ found something to bust them on.  4th amendment be damned...

• Sad 2

Skated every time, I have an honest look about me for a delinquent instigator. My yes sirs and no sirs are Oscar-worthy performances. One evening after happy hour, I was driving four other guys to a party at someone’s townhouse. I had a 1972 Olds Delta 88. Everyone had to pee so we pulled into a construction site in Razorlandia and pissed on construction equipment. The VA state trooper driving past had to stop. He asked us what we were doing. We had to pee sir, there was nowhere else to stop. Well don’t stand on the side of the road with your dicks hanging out. Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir. I don’t think I went home until the sun came up in the next morning. One adventure after another.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Hauled in one evening with a group of friends for saying bad words to an old man that cut us off at a local drive in. Folks had to come get us. He dropped the charges before it went to court.  Seems he had a rep for calling the police on many things, and we were just one item in a long list.

• Heart 1

Stopped 17 times for traffic violations between 1968 and 1972.  No tickets but for one that was dismissed in court.  If you're going to be a gearhead in the south you should learn to be very polite to the police.

Note: from previous stories here it's also good if you are willing to let them drive your car.

Note 2:  Helpful if you have some positive reputation at the track.  Police are fans too.

I'm not sure it works that way today.

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I had a gal working for me that tested nearly 4 times the limit while driving on base. Had her kid in the car and it was only a couple of hours after she got off duty. I just had knee surgery 3 days before but the guy who acted as first shirt was TDY so I limped to the cop shop to get her out. Didn't do my knee any good and it was the start of a long ordeal that got her kicked out.

• Sad 1

I was investigated and told I was going to be charged, but not arrested and the investigation took 3 days to clear me.

It involved a girl I cut from the high school varsity softball team making a sexual harassment claim against me which the rest of the team and the parents quickly disproved.  Social Services was called in by the Principal because he knew what they'd decide: they decided the same day the case was without merit and they wouldn't bother with it.

Still, the girl's parents tried to make more of it in terms of my being a teacher and didn't behave up to standards - which wasn't true - and the school board only considered it because the father was influential in the county. Then other team parents were angry and said they were willing to testify the girl's parents were spreading what were clearly lies about me. When I confronted them at a meeting that involved school board and union reps, I asked the school board rep if the school board would sue the parents on my behalf for slander against their employee or should I have the union sue the school board and the parents?  The parents dropped their complaint a few minutes later.

• Hugs 1

5 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I was investigated and told I was going to be charged, but not arrested and the investigation took 3 days to clear me.

It involved a girl I cut from the high school varsity softball team making a sexual harassment claim against me which the rest of the team and the parents quickly disproved.  Social Services was called in by the Principal because he knew what they'd decide: they decided the same day the case was without merit and they wouldn't bother with it.

Still, the girl's parents tried to make more of it in terms of my being a teacher and didn't behave up to standards - which wasn't true - and the school board only considered it because the father was influential in the county. Then other team parents were angry and said they were willing to testify the girl's parents were spreading what were clearly lies about me. When I confronted them at a meeting that involved school board and union reps, I asked the school board rep if the school board would sue the parents on my behalf for slander against their employee or should I have the union sue the school board and the parents?  The parents dropped their complaint a few minutes later.

We lost a coach due to a non starter who felt she should have started bait the coach into an argument with her parents who were already primed for a fight.  I literally picked up the coach and pulled him away as he’s arguing.  He’s yelling at me to put him down & I told him you go back over there you are going to lose your job.  He went back & lost his job...

After he was dismissed as coach I had a meeting with the principle. He said first thing,  I have already made up my mind and nothing you tell me is going to change it.  So why did you waste my time by accepting this meeting?  Big shrug...  Piss poor leadership sir and I left.

He retired at the end of the year... Food riddance.  I actually worked well as a softball & baseball booster with the next Principle

• Sad 2

never arrested, but did get taken to the station for a breathalyzer.  

Readers Digest version.  I was working at a Firestone Store in Toledo, OH, in the fall of 1974.  It was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and our manager was being transferred to a Cleveland store, so he sent me out for some beer and liquor.  I  had 3 or 4 beers over 3-4 hours, then at quitting time headed towards Gary Indiana  to my Aunt's place for Thanksgiving.  I  am on US 30 about to turn toward her house when a car slows in front of me.  I slow (in my 1967 Ford Falcon) and a guy in a late model Olds 88 read ends me.  We pull into a gas station. He wants to leave, but I think we should get a police report.  we go to call, and he starts saying I am drunk and he will tell the cops that.  Police arrive, you can smell alcohol in the car.  the officer takes me to the station and they have to call in a guy to give me  the test.  on the way he tells  me " I think you are ok, so, this will be the best." They read me my rights, the guy gets there, asks me what I had to drink, and gives me the test.  He looks at me and says" Did you sniff those beers?"   He got no reading.  Turns out the other guy was drunk!

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

They read me my rights, the guy gets there, asks me what I had to drink, and gives me the test.  He looks at me and says" Did you sniff those beers?"   He got no reading.  Turns out the other guy was drunk!

Best defense is a good offense. I'm drunk!!!! No you're DRUNK!!!

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Best defense is a good offense. I'm drunk!!!! No you're DRUNK!!!

His car got the worst end of the collision. The '67 Falcon had a high, metal rear bumper, that hit in the middle of his grill, and, the radiator.  His car was steaming before the police arrived, and needed to be towed.  I just had to pry my bumper out a bit, and was ok.  I drove the car 2 more years, and used the insurance money ($120? or so) to buy a TV. 

• Heart 3