I fucked up

Dottleshead

7 hours ago, Dottles said:

I decided to take her to a home that was a stretch for us. 

Seems completely at odds with earlier posts. 

But admitting priorities - true ones - is often hard to say but easier to see in action :(

Seriously, why post about budgets and retirement worries, but then self-sabotage yourself with "stretch" purchases? 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

But admitting priorities - true ones - is often hard to say but easier to see in action :(

Seriously, why post about budgets and retirement worries, but then self-sabotage yourself with "stretch" purchases? 

That were my initial thoughts too.

Or,  maybe the meeting with the financial planner went a lot better than expected?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Be wary of over head. The higher that number is, the more stress you are gonna have.

24 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

That were my initial thoughts too.

Or,  maybe the meeting with the financial planner went a lot better than expected?

I told you guys I fucked up!  Won't you show some decency and have some pity??  I thought yooz guyz were my friends.  I probably fucked up this last part too.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I told you guys I fucked up!  Won't you show some decency and have some pity??  I thought yooz guyz were my friends.  I probably fucked up this last part too.

Definitely have some pitty but after some friendly ribbing. 

• Awesome 2

37 minutes ago, Dottles said:

If I DIDN'T like you, I'd be egging you on to buy the place.  Heck, buy something even better!  Go on, you only live once!

DON'T BUY A PLACE THAT IS A STRETCH!

I'd ask - can you afford it on your wife's salary alone?

Just now, Dottles said:

Now, Roadie, we both know an iWatch would be healthy for me and stretch budget house is not.  Why would I spend money on something that's good for me??

Is this how you're going to explain to the Ms. why you're walking around in an iWatch 5 after you just crushed her vision of the good life, no doubt with a spa bath? 

6 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

5 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Be wary of over head. The higher that number is, the more stress you are gonna have.

3 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Actually, @Bikeguy I still need to fill out a bunch of software for my 'projected' income during retirement but based on our initial conversation -- I'm doing pretty well.  I'm not in the best shape but pretty good.  His main comments where as long as I'm saving money -- it's a good thing.  I have to live somewhere and I'm not the only one struggling with this home thing in the PNW.

1 hour ago, roadsue said:

Is this how you're going to explain to the Ms. why you're walking around in an iWatch 5 after you just crushed her vision of the good life, no doubt with a spa bath? 

Well if you and @Razors Edge buy me that watch then I don't have to explain anything to her. Just mention I have some loving/caring online friends looking out for me.  I'll PM my address shortly.  Thanks!

8 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

If I DIDN'T like you, I'd be egging you on to buy the place.  Heck, buy something even better!  Go on, you only live once!

DON'T BUY A PLACE THAT IS A STRETCH!

I'd ask - can you afford it on your wife's salary alone?

I like you fiscally responsible nut job -- I mean good folks.  Thank you.