Porta potty

Square Wheels

We can all agree these are pretty nasty places.

Last week I stopped in one on the way to work and I almost dropped my sunglasses into the "hole".  These aren't regular old sunglasses, they are my Oakley cycling glasses, and they have prescription lenses, so they aren't cheap. 

I got very lucky and they bounced off of the edge and landed on the floor.  This was all a little disgusting, but it got me to thinking would I attempt to retrieve them?  I think I would have let them sink.

What would you retrieve?  Glasses?  A wallet?  Your engagement ring?

I don't even go in those things anymore.  If I absolutely have to pee, I try to find a place where no one can see me.  The park where I ride sometimes used to have them, so I always took along a cup to pee in just before my ride.  I don't even want to touch the door on those things.  Gross.

Wallet, sunglasses, wedding/engagement ring?  I think would retrieve all.  maybe as long as I didn't have to, uh, "dig".

The way I see it, we are subjected to nasty germs in so many places we don't realize, that what's one more (even if sometimes we know for sure)?

When I was a teenager I spent a lot of time shoveling sheep and goat manure out of a barn.  Maybe that sort of desensitizes you.

Oh man...there is the Porta Potty Rap Song ....Soundwave...and I think Roadsue and I worked on the lyrics....They were for CANDISC my first year...a competition..lyrics submitted on TP :D   I will have to see if I can find it...or one of you google experts..might look...SOundwave made a copy with Kermit the frog singing it....Won me the next year free at CANDISC :nod head:

When I did the MS ride...I tried to fundraise over $1,000 so I got handicapped porta potty access...one of the bene's of being a big fund raiser....shimmying out of bike shorts in 90 degrees in a porta potty is a challenge!!

I will say I had a nice porta potty experience in Galveston last week.

Saturday Wade and I drove down the the sea wall and then over to a shopping district known as The Strand.  Few places had public restrooms and I was in dire need of one, so I followed the brown signs (fitting) to the the Public Restroons.

I found a little trailer with steps up to a well fitted out bathroom with sink, urinal, toilet and running water.  Locked the door, did my business, washed up and left.  No open hole filled with stinky blue goop.  Still a porta potty, but a nice one.

It would have to be a close family member for me to even consider retrieval.  Second cousin would have to sink or swim.  So would most of ya'll.

But I'm comforted by the fact that I'm in your "I'll dive it to retrieve that sucker" category.

• Heart 1

I would think the handle on any toilet at a work place or public place would be just at filthy as the handle on the door of the porta-potty.

One thing is for sure.  It will not be my filth that you pick up from a porta-potty.  I don't touch public toilet handles, either.