If jsharrt created a desire within you...

Randomguy

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

0 minutes. I would put the bottle or can (still sealed) into a bowl or pitcher mixed with ice and cold water. That will chill it faster than the freezer. 

Add salt for a really quick cool down

https://www.homebrewing.org/How-to-Chill-a-Beer_ep_33-1.html

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

0 minutes. I would put the bottle or can (still sealed) into a bowl or pitcher mixed with ice and cold water. That will chill it faster than the freezer. 

Hmm, I don't have that much ice.  I know that if you wrap a wet paper towel around the beer, it will get colder faster.

I also put a thick glass in the freezer to pour the beer in, guaranteeing that it will stay colder still.

Nevair, said in a haughty French accent. Ice cold is the wrong temperature for tasting beer. If you don’t want to taste your beer, why are you drinking it? If your goal is to get stinking drunk, buy a bottle of cheap liquor at your local Aldi/Lidl type likker store and guzzle straight from the bottle. If you want to enjoy the work that your brewer put into their craft, drink at the proper temperature, 45-50 degrees Fahrenheit. If you’re drinking mass produced swill, marketed to make you think you’re “still” sexy and appealing to someone then never mind I have no advice to give you.

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

...for really cold beer, how long would you put the beer in the freezer before it qualifies as "frickin' cold"?

I keep beers in my refrigerator.  I also have a couple pint glasses in the freezer that I can use for beer or any other drink that needs a cool "boost".  But Old #7 is correct that many beers aren't meant to be ice cold!

4 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I can’t be trusted to remember to retrieve a beer from the fridge in time. That along with old #7 and Jerry’s points mean the fridge is good enough for me. 

I sometimes put a bike bottle in the freezer a while before a ride, but I can definitely see me getting distracted, forgetting, and having a frozen mess in my freezer.

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

, while , said in a haughty French accent. Ice cold is the wrong temperature for tasting beer. If you don’t want to taste your beer, why are you drinking it? If your goal is to get stinking drunk, buy a bottle of cheap liquor at your local Aldi/Lidl type likker store and guzzle straight from the bottle. If you want to enjoy the work that your brewer put into their craft, drink at the proper temperature, 45-50 degrees Fahrenheit. If you’re drinking mass produced swill, marketed to make you think you’re “still” sexy and appealing to someone then never mind I have no advice to give you.

Flashback to the WI fuckwits who think beer is only what they say it is and everything else is just horrid.  Ice cold beer is refreshing on hot days, it is a fact.  Some beer is complex, some is refreshing.  There are different beers for different occasions, also fact.  Hot day/cold beer is super simple and super gettable, you can't assume that everyone's goal is to get drunk. 

Here is what I said in a long ago (but not too long ago post) about a much-maligned beer amongst the head-up-their-asses beer snobs from WI, while the rest of the country seemed to think of it as top stuff.

I know the WI beer snobs all thought it was good sport to rip on Spotted Cow like it was a Coors Light or somesuch, but when I went there and finally had it, I thought it was wonderful!  It was nice, it was balanced, it tasted good, it was exceedingly pleasant.  That is what really confirmed that they were fuckwits, thinking every beer had to have 18 tons of hops in it or be some super-secret super-limited edition beers for people who liked to get naked and stare at each other's gonads for hours while they pretentiously bloviated about some made-up nuance that only fuckwit WI beer snobs could discern.  Ah, Mittens and company...

Anyway, Spotted Cow really hit a sweet spot and is excellent beer.  And if fuckwit WI beer snobs want to bitch about it, they can go drink something else while they stuff giant dildos up each other's butts.

Still holds true.

2 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Acceptance is the first step to recovery 

I think most beer brewed today is dogshit.  That, however, is opinion, and everyone should realize that everybody else has different opinions.   Show me a brewer who thinks that every beer should be a fine nuanced museum-ready work of art and I will show you a dipshit who doesn't understand different styles, seasonalities, preferences, or occasions.  One size does not fit all in the beer world and never will.

16 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Anyway, Spotted Cow really hit a sweet spot and is excellent beer.  And if fuckwit WI beer snobs want to bitch about it, they can go drink something else while they stuff giant dildos up each other's butts.

Do you think they remove the existing giant dildos in their butts PRIOR to stuffing the new ones in OR is that sort of the thing they do in WI for shits and giggles?  If so, it is surprising how similar they are to Texan despite being so far away.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Do you think they remove the existing giant dildos in their butts PRIOR to stuffing the new ones in OR is that sort of the thing they do in WI for shits and giggles?  If so, it is surprising how similar they are to Texan despite being so far away.

Life is just one dildo after another for the WI beer snobs.  And gonad viewing, can't forget that.