My son just called me.

jsharr

53 minutes ago, jsharr said:

To tell me he did his Good Turn for the day.

He was at the gas station and a guy walked up with a gas can.  Asked Wade if he would fill it up.  Told him we was out of gas and his family was stuck in the car.  Wade asked him where he lived and he said South Dallas, to which Wade replied "That is not enough gas, go get your car started and bring it here, and I will fill it up"

Guy came back a bit later with his wife, two kids and grandfather in the car and Wade filled their tank for them.   They shook hands and went their separate ways, and I hope each of them truly appreciate the enormity of one kind deed and it starts a ripple that builds into a wave.

Makes me proud and tells me that maybe, just maybe, my son was listening and watching for all those years.

Wade did awesomesauce.  But he screwed up when he shook his hand.  Get on that jsharr.  He shoulda bumped elbows.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

That is great. There is a scam (that i fell for....once!) where I got approached in a Home Depot by a guy with a gas can. Asks for $5  or 10 to fill it up. I gave him $5. I don't think he used that $5 for gas. Sounds like Wade was on top of that deal. I think wade can give me pointers

• Heart 1

On 7/24/2020 at 7:27 PM, Scrapr said:

That is great. There is a scam (that i fell for....once!) where I got approached in a Home Depot by a guy with a gas can. Asks for $5  or 10 to fill it up. I gave him $5. I don't think he used that $5 for gas. Sounds like Wade was on top of that deal. I think wade can give me pointers

99% of the time that is the scam.  People approach at a gas station are opportunist scumbags for the most part, but it does sound like Wade got a real person in need.  Good for him!

Even if the person was pulling a scam, it is still good that Wade did the right thing.  He supported another human being.  We know the money went in the gas tank--- so he helped in as direct a way as possible.  The world would be a better place if we all acted like this.

• Heart 1