Got any good egg recipes?

Zephyr

My crazy daughter, three weeks before she is due to give birth, decided I would not have enough to do around the farm so picked up 9 egg laying chickens and a rooster, so along with helping collect honey from her beehives, i will be helping with egg collection and cleanup there too.

Turns out her chickens are not that far evolved from dinosaurs judging from the size of the eggs..FB_IMG_1595794300314.thumb.jpg.a7dd337b6485869a0cfdd009b2481b4a.jpg

One of these is a "Large" egg from the grocery store.  With only two of them and us there, we will need to get creative with using up the eggs

FB_IMG_1595794289370.thumb.jpg.01569d327038d424563626d614eb9761.jpg

• Awesome 1

Luckily the Love and Lemons blog is vegetarian, not vegan.  Here are their egg recipes  (just keep scrolling down)

https://www.loveandlemons.com/?s=eggs&submit=

I don't eat or like eggs, but apple mimosa butternut baked eggs sort of sounds good even to me.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

I am a aoft poached guy, but my dive medical is due when I get back so three straight weeks of egg breakfasts and farm meals is probably not a good thing.

But you could always do a lovely eggs benedict...with smoked salmon, fresh herbs, tomato slice on side.  

Or half eggs benny for yourself and wifey.

The other option is a frittata or veggie omelet...for supper. Not for breakfast.  I actually prefer an egg dish for lunch or supper. For breakfast, makes me sleepy and not motivated to go for a long bike ride.

There's Chinese or Japanese savoury steamed egg dish...which to me, is very homey, centuries old dish and healthy.  It's not served in many restaurants because alot of non-Asians don't "get it".  

Or make a consomme soup with sliced tomato. Then near end, add 1-2 whipped eggs into the soup....egg drop soup. That's your supper. Have it with grilled fish fillet on side or couscous.

Or make rice in cooker after water bubbles, break an egg onto top of rice. Cover rice until it's done.  Egg is cooked. No fat/oil.  Of course, there's rice sticking to underside of rice.  Hands-free cooking and very healthy.

• Heart 1