Biopsy results are in

Parsnip Totin Jack

6 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

I think he recommended that I should seek shelter from the sun in an Irish pub. Doctor’s orders and all that.

I would hope that mine recommends the same thing!

Between the pandemic, you, and LJ, I am really starting to worry that my PRI is going to turn.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Dermatologist #2 called. The dark shadow between my eye and bridge of my nose is squamous cell carcinoma. Mohs surgery is scheduled for 8/19. Here’s hoping we get it all. I think he recommended that I should seek shelter from the sun in an Irish pub. Doctor’s orders and all that.

His brother Basil Carson Noma used to live behind my ear until Moe Surgery evicted him.  He has not come back.  Best of luck to you and lift a pint for me please.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

The dark shadow between my eye and bridge of my nose is squamous cell carcinoma. Mohs surgery is scheduled for 8/19

My younger fairer skinned brother has had Mohs a couple times.  He generally does some sort of daily cream on issues that are not on his face (shoulder or scalp or back), but I've seen some rough stuff from his Mohs stuff including right before Christmas last year, which made the various parties a lot of explaining about it.  He is only 39, so he seems a bit less lucky than you.

• Heart 1

Yep, dermatologist #1 wants me to start the cream treatment in January when the risk of sun exposure is reduced. Sun + cream = bad juju or so I was told. 

I've had the surgery and the cream, the surgery was by far the lesser of the two evils.

IMG_3687.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Longjohn said:

This is one I had removed from my back. I had two like this removed from my chest at the same time and one on my nose.

D83D2486-BDDC-4D0C-B219-DD7354B84E24.jpeg.ef7bc593114e55ef55934f6abfaef7f8.jpeg

My cardiologist asked me what type of surgery that was on my chest when he saw the scars over my heart.

Holy shit. That was a huge one 

• Haha 1