It is here

Airehead

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

BUZZKILL!!!!

Live it up!

Yep, that is my middle name.  Mr. Aire has already removed the doors with my reminding him he has a ten pound lifting restriction.  I think glass doors weigh more than 10 pounds.  The bucket is currently off and the tractor is sitting idle.  Apparently, he had to go buy something.  Just to put a samper on things, I reminded him of how much we had just spent.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

From my chainsaw owner’s manual:

0BD49D36-9DAC-45AB-84D2-7DE3650D9725.jpeg.5d2da44f7fe0710c32f96eaf1a026d4e.jpeg

I laughed my ass off until I stopped and thought “....There’s probably a reason they felt the need to include that”.

I don't see the problem.  He has a helmet, face protection, looks like work boots, long pants...

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Just now, petitepedal said:

Looks kinda like the one we use on sidewalks in the winter ..watch you noggin a certain bump and send your head toward the windshield.

Can confirm, have seen this. Guy plowing sidewalks, cruising along....until he caught the bucket on a lip of uneven sidewalk. 

Made a helluva bang, he flew up and bashed his dome on the roof of the cab. 

yes, I laughed.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Can confirm, have seen this. Guy plowing sidewalks, cruising along....until he caught the bucket on a lip of uneven sidewalk. 

Snow plows have spring loaded pivots that allow them to fold back and bounce over obstacles, loader buckets don't. A guy at work plowing a parking lot with a loader hit something, he hit the windshield and broke his neck. Was paralyzed for the rest of his life. 

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Further said:

Snow plows have spring loaded pivots that allow them to fold back and bounce over obstacles, loader buckets don't. A guy at work plowing a parking lot with a loader hit something, he hit the windshield and broke his neck. Was paralyzed for the rest of his life. 

That is awful.  I don't think we will do snow with the bucket.  Maybe a rear mounted blade and definitely the snow blower

24 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

That's a snow blower. :) 2 passes on a driveway and your done. 

You do know...  now that you are ready for the blizzard of the century, it won't snow more than 1" this winter.

We are counting on that. It has worked well with the automatic full house generator; not a single power outage in a year. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

9 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

This is awesome.  That is a hell of a machine.  We need more pics.  Many more pics.  I am envious.  I also want a whole house generator.  And a barn.  It's like I am living vicariously through you.  

Any interest in purchasing a JD X500. Make sure work of your lawn but not sure what you would do with the snowblower attachment.   The people with the nice setup are your mom and dad. What a beautiful place. 

21 hours ago, Airehead said:

Any interest in purchasing a JD X500. Make sure work of your lawn but not sure what you would do with the snowblower attachment.   The people with the nice setup are your mom and dad. What a beautiful place. 

I'd love to, but that's way too much tractor for my small yard.  I might could use the snowblower like once every 2-3 years!  You should see Mom and Dad's place since they put in the new pool house.  

• Awesome 1