Jump to content

I like my mantel


petitepedal
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I am not so sure I want the focal point to be a TV mounted above it :wacko:  Any thoughts?

It's not good for long-term neck posture to tilt your neck/chin up to see TV screen.  TV screen needs to be at eye level or slightly lower than eye-sight line level while sitting in couch. It's ergonomics ...when watching for several hrs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

It's not good for long-term neck posture to tilt your neck/chin up to see TV screen.  TV screen needs to be at eye level or slightly lower than eye-sight line level while sitting in couch. It's ergonomics ...when watching for several hrs.

This is true....    But after a while you just recline more.

And then there is the question about where you place you cable TV box (if you use that), and/or a DVD player, and/or anything else you want to plug into your TV.  How to you hide (or not) all of the cables?

That said...   In our living room over the fireplace mantel is a TV.  All the electronics are stored in a closet.  An IR (infrared) repeater is in the grout between the stone and the universal remote works all the electronics.   We didn't want to use any other space in the room for the TV.

We don't watch TV there very often.   But we do from time to time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

This is true....    But after a while you just recline more.

And then there is the question about where you place you cable TV box (if you use that), and/or a DVD player, and/or anything else you want to plug into your TV.  How to you hide (or not) all of the cables?

That said...   In our living room over the fireplace mantel is a TV.  All the electronics are stored in a closet.  An IR (infrared) repeater is in the grout between the stone and the universal remote works all the electronics.   We didn't want to use any other space in the room for the TV.

We don't watch TV there very often.   But we do from time to time.

 

In Vancouver, we place the tv on its own shelf stand at eye level. Most monitors are slim anyway, shelves for some ceramics, light reading material and small photos/paintings.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

In Vancouver, we place the tv on its own shelf stand at eye level

I mentioned we didn't watch TV in our living room very often.  

We watch movies most often and we use the TV in our family room.  That monitor is on top of the 24 " tall stand that also holds the center speaker.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...