Translation Service

Airehead

11 hours ago, Airehead said:

I need Vietnamese, Trigyna, and  Cantonese. 

Are you talking about feeding a document through translation software?  Or a real human being translating documents?

For instance, dearie has used Google translation software from English to German.  Then he has to spend time for 2 page letter for an hr. to read it (when his Germany fluency is limited/slow) and make sure the software hasn't done something stupid/bizarre.  He makes corrections...with a German dictionary.

For a human being, perhaps somewhere in your region, to locate court interpreter..who can give you references.  I'm choose such a profession, because they care about accuracy and would be professional. For human bengs, I would choose a college or university educated bilingual graduate or senior student...who wants to make some money with a strong communication skills in both languages and who is open to being mentored by you.

9 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Are you talking about feeding a document through translation software?  Or a real human being translating documents?

For instance, dearie has used Google translation software from English to German.  Then he has to spend time for 2 page letter for an hr. to read it (when his Germany fluency is limited/slow) and make sure the software hasn't done something stupid/bizarre.  He makes corrections...with a German dictionary.

For a human being, perhaps somewhere in your region, to locate court interpreter..who can give you references.  I'm choose such a profession, because they care about accuracy and would be professional. For human bengs, I would choose a college or university educated bilingual graduate or senior student...who wants to make some money with a strong communication skills in both languages and who is open to being mentored by you.

I have similar issues when my family in Holland posts in FB and my wife hits the translator function.  It’s usually good enough to figure out what’s going on (we also have pictures) but sometimes the literal translation of words without context doesn’t make sense.

I haven’t used translators otherwise but I think @shootingstar makes a good point by having a person translate.

It can start in a computer but I need a real human to read for content.  My local translation/interpreting service doesn't have Trignya and is back ordered a week or more on the other two.  I used Alta language it will be done tomorrow by 11.  $1,300 for a total of 9 pages.  I am in the wrong line of work.

• Haha 2

Oh, and I found out just a minute ago for the families that speak Cantonese--- the name of the spoken language with simplified Chinese or traditional chinese being the written language---- I thought all read simplified but apparently one family prefers traditional so I need to back track for that too.  I really want this to be in people's preferred language and done well.

52 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Oh, and I found out just a minute ago for the families that speak Cantonese--- the name of the spoken language with simplified Chinese or traditional chinese being the written language---- I thought all read simplified but apparently one family prefers traditional so I need to back track for that too.  I really want this to be in people's preferred language and done well.

Boy, are they ever picky.  I'm certain my parents would have been just grateful for simplified but accurate translation.  

I'm not sure what you're translating, but I'm not surprised that you want to make it user friendly and accurate.  This sort of thoughfulness is what makes you above normal.   :nodhead:

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1