Jump to content

Another milestone day on the project


2Far
 Share

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, jsharr said:

And I bet there are no guns in trucks there either....

 

Well, guns & ammo are unlikely to get into a consumer product. The site owner is a bit of a dicktator(sic).

I think all their sites are tobacco free. The closer you get to the process, the more stringent they are. No one wants to open up their tampon & find  a cigarette butt embedded in it. We've had workers booted off sites b/c they were smoking in their vehicle in the parking lot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Well, guns & ammo are unlikely to get into a consumer product. The site owner is a bit of a dicktator(sic).

I think all their sites are tobacco free. The closer you get to the process, the more stringent they are. No one wants to open up their tampon & find  a cigarette butt embedded in it. We've had workers booted off sites b/c they were smoking in their vehicle in the parking lot.

Is this him?

potato dick Blank Template - Imgflip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

This particular mill is tissue & paper towels. I won't be wiping my azz with Apple Pay anytime soon.

Shirley you don’t mean we’ve been lied to?

We were supposed to be paperless and have flying cars by now.

And everything CAD related was going to be digital! (This thing I was just handed, notwithstanding....)

image.thumb.jpg.9570bf653e3c05bc0dbd17ac35febc8d.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Shirley you don’t mean we’ve been lied to?

We were supposed to be paperless and have flying cars by now.

And everything CAD related was going to be digital! (This thing I was just handed, notwithstanding....)

image.thumb.jpg.9570bf653e3c05bc0dbd17ac35febc8d.jpg

There's at least one dimension missing on that thing.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

There’s two, but I got them verbally, after asking for clarification 

The ex-draftsman in me sees 4 missing dimensions not counting the radius on the rounded corner.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

The ex-draftsman in me sees 4 missing dimensions not counting the radius on the rounded corner.  

Correct. I haven’t started them yet.  I missed the location on the tapped holes. The holes are all 1” down from the top edge and the holes are centered on the piece.

 

The corner radii are just so the little darlings don’t hurt themselves on the sharp corner. “Belt sand to suit”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

The corner radii are just so the little darlings don’t hurt themselves on the sharp corner. “Belt sand to suit”.

Then the correct way would be to do something like 0.25" R +- 0.125"

And by 'little darlings' are you referring to the paying members on campus?  i.e. customers.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Then the correct way would be to do something like 0.25" R +- 0.125"

Verbal instruction. I’m just happy it included the material. I like asking “so I can make this out of whatever I want?”

5 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

are you referring to the paying members on campus?

Grad students. They don’t count. The regular students are referred to as “cash cows”.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Shirley you don’t mean we’ve been lied to?

We were supposed to be paperless and have flying cars by now.

And everything CAD related was going to be digital! (This thing I was just handed, notwithstanding....)

image.thumb.jpg.9570bf653e3c05bc0dbd17ac35febc8d.jpg

The only paper that's disappeared, is my money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...