How is your tan?

Randomguy

I had lunch with my family at a fancy restaurant Sunday and the only seating was outside.  Most of our table was in the shade but I took the seat in the sun so the others wouldn’t cook.  I figured I had sunblock on my face I’m good.

Well I completely smoked my forehead  & scalp. My face color is uneven now and it hurts to brush my hair! 

But my tan is pretty solid year round.

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Old No. 7 said:

Dermatologist #1 commented on the sharp lines on my legs and arms like they were bad or something. Now I’m wearing SPF sleeves on my arms and 50 SPF sunscreen everywhere else. 

I am gonna get some of those sleeves next year.  I figure summer is almost over, and I have enough sunscreen to last.

Not much tan this year.  Most of my rides are in the woods and tan just doesn't seem to happen.  I will probably burn badly Saturday if I go racing.  Back in the day when I was racing the full sized cars I used to spend whole days in the sun without shade.  When I came north from VA I had a dark tan.  A few years later I had the matching tumors.  I do not actively seek sunshine if possible.

• Heart 2

I avoid the strong sun. I do like sun when it is not too hot oot, but always in small doses and I try to cover my sun- damaged noggin and forearms as much as possible. I always hated hats but they beat the hell oot of skin cancer and the dermatologist’s knife.

My wife has also turned over a new leaf in that area. When I first took her to meet my paternal grandmother, grannie pulled me aside and asked if she was black. Or she might have said white, can’t remember. That was fun. :D  One of my favourite stories  

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

You need the t-shirt my wife bought for her nephew. Caution: - Italian attitude and Irish temper. :For our kids it was Irish temper and German stubbornness  :D

Reminds me of what someone posted on another forum when they found out I was of German and Sicilian descent.  "A rocket scientist with a temper".  Unfortunately, so far as the sun goes, I have the German complexion. 

Legs have a decent tan, at least from the edge of the bike shorts to the top of the bike socks, at least as decent as SPF 30 will allow.  Arms dont have much; with all the basal cell carcinomas I have had removed the past few years I have started to wear sun sleeves when I ride, PI, SPF 50.  not much color on my arms.  Face gets SPF 30 sunblock too. 

I noticed my forehead is starting to peal now.... My island skin doesn’t  burn easily but 2.5 hours of direct sun with no SPF or cap did me in. I usually wear a cap when I’m out & about but we were dressed nicely so I wasn’t wearing one that day.  My arms didn’t burn though.

19 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Now I’m wearing SPF sleeves on my arms and 50 SPF sunscreen everywhere else. 

Same here. I don't tan. Rather I just get different shaded of red.

I also use lip balm with SPF 15 rating. My lips do get burnt if I don't and cold sores break out.