So your old LaSalle may have run great, but what aboot your Marquette, Viking or Pontiac?

Ralphie

LaSalle was an American brand of luxury automobiles manufactured and marketed, as a separate brand, by General Motors' Cadillac division from 1927 through 1940. Alfred P. Sloan, GM's Chairman of the Board, developed the concept for four new GM marques brands - LaSalle, Marquette, Viking and Pontiac - paired with already established brands to fill price gaps he perceived in the General Motors product portfolio. Sloan created LaSalle as a companion marque for Cadillac. LaSalle automobiles were manufactured by Cadillac, but were priced lower than Cadillac-branded automobiles, were smaller, and were marketed as the second-most prestigious marque in the General Motors portfolio. LaSalles were titled as LaSalles, and not as Cadillacs.

So your old LaSalle may have run great..

So I leaned something today...   I never knew that Archie and Edith were singing about a car.   :wacko:

My day is complete...  (WoBG and has told me I'm a simple guy)

Time to go and walk the dogs... :)

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

So your old LaSalle may have run great..

So I leaned something today...   I never knew that Archie and Edith were singing about a car.   :wacko:

My day is complete...  (WoBG and has told me I'm a simple guy)

Time to go and walk the dogs... :)

Glad to hep oot!

We had a late generation Pontiac Bonneville. It was a good sedan. I liked Pontiac far better than Buick when I had to take a rental. Pontiac was more popular in the USA. But Buick was more popular in China. Actually considered higher status than Cadillac there. When GM had to can brands, that was why Oldsmobile and Pontiac went away. 

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Marquette University police seek 2 suspects who robbed man near campus

I don't recall the university police having cars back when I was in engineering classes.   I do remember they had 'security' people.   There biggest problem was chasing streakers.    How times have changed...

• Heart 1