July 29 miles & such

Parsnip Totin Jack

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

Morning ride with Carol. 17 miles from Vienna to Razorlandia. US Geological Survey (USGS) loop. It’s called that because that’s where we loop back towards Vienna. Nice morning for a ride.

I never really make it to that side of my Empire!  I'd say it's more your domain, but I do need to do some rides out into your direction rather than always riding West. 

I won't get to ride until evening, and hopefully there are no storms rolling in.

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I never really make it to that side of my Empire!  I'd say it's more your domain, but I do need to do some rides out into your direction rather than always riding West. 

I won't get to ride until evening, and hopefully there are no storms rolling in.

You ever try North Arlington? West St in Falls Church turns into Williamsburg in Arlington County. To N. Glebe, left to Old North Glebe, right on Military. U-turn at Lorcom Ln, ride Military back to left on 26th st. To N Glebe. Then find a way back, there are many ways to choose from. Roller coaster style hills and bike lanes on most streets.

9 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

You ever try North Arlington? West St in Falls Church turns into Williamsburg in Arlington County. To N. Glebe, left to Old North Glebe, right on Military. U-turn at Lorcom Ln, ride Military back to left on 26th st. To N Glebe. Then find a way back, there are many ways to choose from. Roller coaster style hills and bike lanes on most streets.

Generally, if I am going to ride on roads, it is roads out past Leesburg not in towards DC.  My ideal road riding is never seeing a traffic light, and when seeing a stop sign, there are no vehicles anywhere in sight.  But you're that much farther from Leesburg, so I see why you find the roads that work best in the area.

A hot but not as sticky as I expected evening ride.  Not a ton of folks out.  Still, I need to embrace the heat a little more as I've been taking it way too easy lately.  This heat has a way of sneaking up on me on longer rides where I can''t keep up with drinking enough, and that's been influencing attitude on my short rides when it shouldn't.