Architectural meeting

Dirtyhip

14 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am so excited. Architects are fantastic. He is putting my kitchen on the view end of the home. He is redrawing the farm house. The roof will have less pitch to it. $$$ instead of $$$$

He really Seems to understand what we want.

What room do you spend the most time in?  I would want to maximize view from that room.  Would also love to start and end my day with the best view.

17 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am so excited. Architects are fantastic. He is putting my kitchen on the view end of the home. He is redrawing the farm house. The roof will have less pitch to it. $$$ instead of $$$$

He really Seems to understand what we want.

awesome news!  

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

What room do you spend the most time in?  I would want to maximize view from that room.  Would also love to start and end my day with the best view.

Kitchen, bedroom, living room.  These will all be on the view side of the property. He had this idea to totally modify our farm plan.  

He is drawing up for a kitchen with a corner window.  He is changing the orientation of the garage.  It's going to be completely different.  We are on the smaller side for homes he usually drafts.  He told me he is doing one in town that is 400 sq ft with a one car garage.  

We gave him the farm plan with some revisions and asked that he draw it modestly.  Less roof pitch, no dormer, so there will be no two story tall porch like the farmhouse pic I showed you.  We can not afford that plan.  Well, can, but we dont want to.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am over the moon with excitement.  We have a meeting with an architect at the property.

This will give me a chance to take a few gallons of water out to the property to dump on the iris I slammed in the ground

I feel so incredibly fortunate to live the dream of having a home built. @Airehead.  

Trust your architect, ask him to recommend his top two builders, pick one and trust them, plan for delays and hold on tight to your sense of honor. I am so glad you conferred with an architect. It really helps.