No point in steering now

BR46

Why do so few news articles provide any type of background information, including LOCATION of their stories? While I am pleased it gave the date of the article, would it be so hard to list the city or town and state of the racetrack? For a moment I thought that was the exact site on the track where I watched the TTT at the Tour De Georgia. But of course, as I found with more research, this is Wisconsin. 

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Why do so few news articles provide any type of background information, including LOCATION of their stories? While I am pleased it gave the date of the article, would it be so hard to list the city or town and state of the racetrack? For a moment I thought that was the exact site on the track where I watched the TTT at the Tour De Georgia. But of course, as I found with more research, this is Wisconsin. 

The track is just a few miles from my house. In fact I was just there today.

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Glad to hear he was OK.  Aero has been such a great thing for speed but it has a major drawback.  If you lose the aero you are suddenly not just going too fast, you are going way too fast and too high.

FIFY

6 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

FIFY

Not just flyovers but cars that begin to slide going through corners.  As the directionality of the air flow over and under the car changes the grip drops dramatically.  As the tail of the car slides out, a loss of traction that might have been corrected by lifting off the throttle and scrubbing speed off is now a situation where you may be 40 miles per hour too fast for the corner, not 5.

Hello wall.

This part of the track where the hill rounds off if you hit it fast enough the fast bikes will go into a wheelie. Some guys don't let off and just tap the back brake. I let off the throttle for a fraction of a second. 

The second car was drafting up the hill and with the draft he didn't have enough down force. I've seen other cars come close to blow over in that spot before but never go all the way over. 

11 minutes ago, BR46 said:

This part of the track where the hill rounds off if you hit it fast enough the fast bikes will go into a wheelie. Some guys don't let off and just tap the back brake. I let off the throttle for a fraction of a second. 

The second car was drafting up the hill and with the draft he didn't have enough down force. I've seen other cars come close to blow over in that spot before but never go all the way over. 

We had a similar situation in CT at Lime Rock Park were there was a hill that began to lead to blowovers.  They solved the situation by putting a chicane in front of the hill to lower speeds.

32 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Georgia.....Wisconsin.....same difference...

29 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

They each have a br46!

I do spend a lot of time in Georgia. 

That's where my son lives 

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Do you get the two places confused?

Nope.......can't get a double brat in Georgia and you can't get good BBQ in Wisconsin...well you can but it's not the same. 

• Awesome 1