Jump to content

Is it N+1 if....


az_cyclist
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think that you are spot on about N+1 and your son. My son has a road bike but lives near the crushed limestone Katy Trail. I gave him my touring bike (which has fatter tires than his road bike) and bought myself a gravel/touring bike (Breezer Doppler Team). A few months later I bought a tandem for WoJSTL and I. Maybe you should give that a try!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I think that you are spot on about N+1 and your son. My son has a road bike but lives near the crushed limestone Katy Trail. I gave him my touring bike (which has fatter tires than his road bike) and bought myself a gravel/touring bike (Breezer Doppler Team). A few months later I bought a tandem for WoJSTL and I. Maybe you should give that a try!

What I had in mind was to get the gravel/touring bike, then ship it up here when we visit next year.  I could ride the gravel bike on forest roads in AZ.  Near the Twin Cities many county roads have gravel sections.  Having a gravel bike with 28mm or 32mm tires would be great for that.  I can ride them on my 25mm tires, but, bigger is better. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

He is asking if n-1+1= n+1

:scratchhead: :dontknow: Looks like calculus to me. 

"the branch of mathematics that deals with the finding and properties of derivatives and integrals of functions, by methods originally based on the summation of infinitesimal differences."

I'm not even sure what that means.  Maybe @jsharr could help me.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

:scratchhead: :dontknow: Looks like calculus to me. 

"the branch of mathematics that deals with the finding and properties of derivatives and integrals of functions, by methods originally based on the summation of infinitesimal differences."

I'm not even sure what that means.  Maybe @jsharr could help me.

 

You have better odds of getting @AirwickWithCheese to come back.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I think that you are spot on about N+1 and your son. My son has a road bike but lives near the crushed limestone Katy Trail. I gave him my touring bike (which has fatter tires than his road bike) and bought myself a gravel/touring bike (Breezer Doppler Team). A few months later I bought a tandem for WoJSTL and I. Maybe you should give that a try!

I can give you a lead on a great Tandem..and cheap

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, az_cyclist said:

Having a gravel bike with 28mm or 32mm tires would be great for that. 

The new Tarmac does 32mm tires, so you aren't really going too far into the "wider is better" world if you are just looking for 28-32 sizes :)  Go big, since reality shows you have the narrow end covered already, so might as well cover the wider end with the new bike.

And, from a math perspective, I'm going with N-1+1 essentially remains N, so no harm, no foul, and no permissions required :whistle:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...