When was the last time you crashed?

Randomguy

On the road, I've never really crashed.  One time I hit a curb while looking down to get clipped in but that was slow speed and I just kind of rolled out of it.  Not even any road rash.

MTBing is a different story.  I have minor crashes all the time, almost always at slow speed trying to negotiate some bit of tech.  I'm coming off a stretch of 3 straight rides where I skinned the same knee each ride.  My elbow hurts, my hip has a bruise under the surface and of course my knee is wound on top of wound.  Oh well, it'll all grow back.

May 2009

I'm on my longest crash free stretch of my life :)

I hope you didn't jinx yourself.

It probably has a lot to do with not riding as much as you once did.

From December 10, 2010 - February 26, 2014 I had a minor wreck(front tire slid out on a turn), but I rode over 45,000 miles in that period of time.

Summer of 2010 or maybe 2009?  On a descent.  Burned into a corner too hard.  Went off the road into a ditch and went over bars.  My face and head broke my fall.  Good thing it was in grass, but I was cooking when I came around the corner.  I would say I was doing at least 80 mph!  (may be an exaggeration).  Herniated two cervical discs.  Still have issues with it to this day.

It probably has a lot to do with not riding as much as you once did.

that, plus I started riding specifically to minimize risk

Since I'm not training for anything anymore, I don't have to go out in sketchy road conditions, especially in winter, I'm not riding as fast, I'm not taking roads that I know have risky sections or traffic hazards...all that

If you mean crashed including a trip to the ER it as in May 2011.   That's when I hit those three deer that jumped me as I was speeding down a big hill at midnight trying to set a new record for getting home from work.  It ended up taking about six hours longer than if I had taken my time.  I don't count anything that no one knows about.

If you mean crashed including a trip to the ER it as in May 2011.   That's when I hit those three deer that jumped me as I was speeding down a big hill at midnight trying to set a new record for getting home from work.  It ended up taking about six hours longer than if I had taken my time.  I don't count anything that no one knows about.

Were the deer ok?

I didn't crash, but my new Sirrus did! I had it propped up against the outside wall of the local grocery store, went in, came out... and there is was, on its side.  :angry:

Next time i see the owner, I'm gonna get in his face and tell him he needs a bike rack there. He rides a bike and parks in in a corner, nice and safe. He needs a bike rack out there.

June 15th, 2014 (Father's Day).  Broken pelvis.

Before that:

Labor Day, 2008.  I tore up my right shoulder (surgery). 

May 16, 2010.  Broke my right leg at the tibial plateau (now have a rod in that leg) and made a mess out of my left wrist.  (two surgeries)