The travel ban needs to be lifted now!!!!

Scrapr

I had a flight to London scheduled for London,. I got a great price $2300 RT Business class. Of course it was cancelled. I have an alert in for several dates. None of the "replacement" flights are as cheap as the original flight. Anywhere from $3k-6k. Many of the flights for 2021 at the same time are $$$. Now I got an alert for $1300. 90 minute island tour of Iceland

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Do you really want to be trapped in a plane with strangers at this time?

Business Class passengers are special. We don't have to see, touch or feel the hoi polloi back in the rear. And this was a date in December. I have heard the virus will be disappeared by then

I can't do this flight because it's Iceland air(e) I have a Virgin Atlantic voucher. I really want to see their London lounge. It will probably be goldfish crackers & peanut butter toast by the time I get there  :dontknow:

56 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Business Class passengers are special. We don't have to see, touch or feel the hoi polloi back in the rear. And this was a date in December. I have heard the virus will be disappeared by then

I can't do this flight because it's Iceland air(e) I have a Virgin Atlantic voucher. I really want to see their London lounge. It will probably be goldfish crackers & peanut butter toast by the time I get there  :dontknow:

Will you be able to return home........or don't you care?  I'd vote to stay.

1 hour ago, Scrapr said:

Disappear by December?  Maybe in countries with solid, responsible leadership and informed, sensible people.

My sister, after almost dying of COVID-19, recovered and returned to being the Senior Clinical Nurse on a COVID-19 research team at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Based on what the research doctors at America's top-rated hospital are predicting for this fall in this "nobody's going to tell me what to do" nation, my sister decided to retire on September 1.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Disappear by December?  Maybe in countries with solid, responsible leadership and informed, sensible people.

My sister, after almost dying of COVID-19, recovered and returned to being the Senior Clinical Nurse on a COVID-19 research team at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Based on what the research doctors at America's top-rated hospital are predicting for this fall in this "nobody's going to tell me what to do" nation, my sister decided to retire on September 1.

I just listen to Dear Leader

*sarcasm font intended

12 hours ago, MickinMD said:

my sister decided to retire on September 1.

With the stroke of a pen, she could be brought back into service immediately! 

14 hours ago, Scrapr said:

I have a Virgin Atlantic voucher.

I do wonder about the eventual outcome of this COVID mess on airlines.  One thing we can generally assume is that airlines will be looking to save money & reduce expenses, so frequent flyer miles will take a further devaluation, and I wonder how protected vouchers will be.

On the flip side, with Virgin Cruises launching this year at the absolute worst possible moment, maybe your voucher can be used on a cruise with them instead? If you want to see their airport lounge, you REALLY might want to see one of their cruise ships :cheerleader: