Honestly, No Comment

Razors Edge

13 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Not unlike Flying Dog’s Dead Rise beer which is actually made with Old Bay seasoning. I like Old Bay on crabs but not in my beer. 

I think I have one of those still in the back of the fridge.  Drinkable, not exceptional, would be my opinion.  FD makes many better ones, but I never drank it with  crabs, so maybe that would be where it shined.  Maybe, like the Oskar one, it has to be paired fairly specifically with certain foods.

58 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Initial reaction is "Dear God.....WHYYYY?" but I would try it, just to see if joined the exclusive club of "Beers I Have Dumped" - this is the sole member of that group:

How to Home Brew a Hot Chili Beer Recipe

I dumped my bottle out, too.  What kind of moron puts chili in beer?

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What kind of moran buys a beer that has chili in it and then pours it out???

I bought it as a novelty item for a Mexican food night I did. I expected the heat, but not the green pepper flavor....and I hate green peppers.

There are beers I've had and will not drink again, but that is the only one I have ever dumped. I'm not alone. I don't think anyone who had one of the other five finished it, either.

31 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What kind of moran buys a beer that has chili in it and then pours it out???

I was at a party, and it was free.  The host was trying to get rid of them by foisting them on party-goers first before dumping them himself.  I think he should have waited until people were drunk.

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I was at a party, and it was free.  The host was trying to get rid of them by foisting them on party-goers first before dumping them himself.  I think he should have waited until people were drunk.

A shame to lose a friend over something so avoidable, but some actions are pretty much unforgivable. :(

• Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Does anyone remember the V8 or tomato juice + beer craze in the '70's?

At IIT in Chicago, they called it a "Cincinnati" and was properly 75% beer.

It wasn't bad, but after a few trials, almost every preferred straight beer or straight V8.

Yikes!  Seems it is still a thing, and the Midwest likes it still????

image.thumb.png.3d05aeb367041233b135adf2bb219955.png

18 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Does anyone remember the V8 or tomato juice + beer craze in the '70's?

At IIT in Chicago, they called it a "Cincinnati" and was properly 75% beer.

It wasn't bad, but after a few trials, almost every preferred straight beer or straight V8.

Ummmmm ..... No.  I drank my share of beer in several states in the 70's.  Sober and drunken states as well as ignorant and non-ignorant states.  Lots of times in lots of places.  AND I never heard of doing this.  If I had a friend that would even suggest this I would have unfriended him - unless he was a she, then I might have let it slide.