You'd Think

Razors Edge

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

It sounds like a dream, but dogs really stretch out.

I am 8x my pup's weight, but only about 2x her size in the  bed.  And she has claws. 

She also has an odd (endearing) characteristic where she wants to be physically in contact with one or both of us while she sleeps, so she never just plops down in an unused section of the bed, but rather finds a spot she can effectively pen us in between her and the edge.

Likewise, if I get up to pee in the night, when I return, she has claimed my position and then some.

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

It sounds like a dream, but dogs really stretch out.

Jack likes to put his back up against my wife and them jams his paws into my ribs & armpit. Why can’t he tuck his paws under him like when he’s in his bed... 

7 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

California king is extra roomy.

We need 2' as far as I can tell.  An extra foot would help, though. And we need a new mattress eventually, but then we would need a new frame, and likely matching furniture, and maybe new carpet to match the updates? Heck, window treatments will also be updated if we're actually doing this properly, and a different shade of paint would probably pull it all together. And don't forget fixtures and even the TV or the chance to update the walk-in closets to better suit our needs. Probably a few things I left out.

Thanks, PZ :angry:

Just now, Razors Edge said:

We need 2' as far as I can tell.  An extra foot would help, though. And we need a new mattress eventually, but then we would need a new frame, and likely matching furniture, and maybe new carpet to match the updates? Heck, window treatments will also be updated if we're actually doing this properly, and a different shade of paint would probably pull it all together. And don't forget fixtures and even the TV or the chance to update the walk-in closets to better suit our needs. Probably a few things I left out.

Thanks, PZ :angry:

My dog sleeps on a separate bench at the foot of my bed. Problem solved.

5 minutes ago, Miss Ida Hart said:

Sapphire slept in the empty space at the foot of the bed. But when we went camping, he would lay up against my head. 

My wife likes to spin the pup around so she is on her back with her head on one of our pillows.  Just three people laying in bed.  She puts up with it for a little while (if we give her a belly rub), but eventually rotates a few times until her butt is facing me and she can kick me in the neck or armpit.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

My wife likes to spin the pup around so she is on her back with her head on one of our pillows.  Just three people laying in bed.  She puts up with it for a little while (if we give her a belly rub), but eventually rotates a few times until he butt is facing me and she can kick me in the neck or armpit.

Awww... how sweet.