Jump to content

My LBP got fined...


F_in Ray Of Sunshine
 Share

Recommended Posts

....and are in danger of losing their liquor license for violating the COVID regs.

We used to go there most Friday nights for a beer and dinner. After they shut down, we’d go for a growler fill. Call ahead, zip in, get the beer, leave. Last time we went for a growler fill, SO went in to get the beer. There was a full row of people at the bar. This was before anything had reopened. We haven’t been back since.

Someone we know went there last weekend, since they have outdoor seating. She said she went to go to the bathroom and it was elbow to elbow inside. Decided to wait until she got home.
 

Guess I’ll stick to the beer store.😑

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

...and are in danger of losing their liquor license for violating the COVID regs.

It would sure be nice if folks took "licensing" seriously, eh?

That said, small business is in a tough position to deal with a lot out-of-the-ordinary situations - like a pandemic.  I'd chalk it up to a poor decision made during a time of high stress rather than a decision made with them fully thinking it through.

A shame too that they're facing a further unknown period of time with this pandemic hanging over their plans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

small business is in a tough position to deal with a lot out-of-the-ordinary situations

Yeah, but in this case, both the owners have day jobs and the ones at the bar the first time were their buddies - not sure they were even paying customers.

Shame, I liked having a brewpub only about three miles from home. Any of the other local places we go to eat, my beer of choice is “iced tea”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Yeah, but in this case, both the owners have day jobs and the ones at the bar the first time were their buddies - not sure they were even paying customers.

Shame, I liked having a brewpub only about three miles from home. Any of the other local places we go to eat, my beer of choice is “iced tea”.

Having a day job doesn't make "meeting rent", "wading through arcane rules for the PPP loans", or "how do I reconfigure my business to function" sorts of things any easier.

It's a shit show for many small businesses.  That's not an excuse for willfully spreading or increasing risks of COVID, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Yeah, but in this case, both the owners have day jobs and the ones at the bar the first time were their buddies - not sure they were even paying customers.

Shame, I liked having a brewpub only about three miles from home. Any of the other local places we go to eat, my beer of choice is “iced tea”.

I don’t think the Save-on qualifies as a brew pub😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

That's not an excuse for willfully spreading or increasing risks of COVID, though.

True, but there are a bunch of outdoor tables and a whole dining room that's usually empty. There were ways they could do it and be smart about it.

Not to mention their 4 year old granddaughter who is often in there.:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

True, but there are a bunch of outdoor tables and a whole dining room that's usually empty. There were ways they could do it and be smart about it.

Not to mention their 4 year old granddaughter who is often in there.:(

Kids are immune!

But, yeah, they seemed to be making poor decisions that aren't easily defended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...