How's Your Ongoing Car/Truck/SUV Project Coming Along?

Razors Edge

I replaced one rotor and the pads on one side of the Pilot. I could have got by with just the pads. It turned out it had a defective pad that the lining all came off. The rotor looked pretty good but I had the new one so I changed it. It drives nice and stops well with no pulling or noise. I’ll change the other side when I feel better. It doesn’t really need changed, more than 50% of the lining is left.

• Heart 1

I washed both vehicles yesterday. I’ve done this in the past and it never seems to last, but I thought I’d try again 

While scrubbing I noticed that the inspection on the Toyota ran out in June 😯

I’ve owned it for 2 years and have only put a little over 4000 miles on it, it should last quite a while 

25 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I don't know about him, but I'm pretty sure there have been times where you would have been able to hear me, when I've worked on cars.

The number of curses is an indicator of how difficult the job is.  I don;t think Ive ever done a curse-free job. :D

16 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

The number of curses is an indicator of how difficult the job is.

I'm reading a book about the Meuse-Argonne. There was a bit about Harry Truman's artillery unit. One of the men in the unit was describing Truman running around cussing and telling the men what to do, that was pretty funny. The guy said something about the men not saying anything because Truman was cussing enough for the whole unit.

Didnt have a SUV project.... until Wednesday afternoon.  While waiting for traffic to clear at an off ramp, my 2019 Cherokee was struck from behind by a Chevy pickup truck. The Cherokee can be driven, but the gas tank sensors dont work, and the liftgate sensor says it is open.  Will definitely need a new rear bumper and work on the sensors and the liftgate.  not sure what else.  I have heard from the guys insurance company.

• Sad 2