I need caffeine

petitepedal

19 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

My last diet coke was on the 15th...bit I didnt sleep well and need a pick me up. :runcirclsmiley:

Oh the start of the self-perpetuating cycle....

I need caffeine because I didn't sleep well last night

I didn't sleep well because of the caffeine I had yesterday.

I didn't sleep well because of the caffeine I had yesterday.....

That is how you get hooked.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

1) I need caffeine

2) My last diet coke was on the 15th...bit I didnt sleep well and need a pick me up. :runcirclsmiley:

Honestly, petite, these two things are totally unrelated. 

No one, and I LITERALLY mean no one, should be getting their caffeine solely (or even as extra) from Diet Coke.

Coffee first. Tea a distant second.  Mountain Dew or regular Coke in a pinch.

• Awesome 1

32 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It hasn't been TWELVE HOURS!!!! How can you be right TWICE already????

Actually..... I think I've been right 3 times in the last 12 hours.  I think the other time was away from the forum, but I really can't remember.  Maybe it was only twice.

59 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I would suggest a nice Papua New Guinea Baroida Estate custom roasted by Brandon.

I have a sealed 6 oz pouch on my desk just waiting for somebody to take the hint and give me an address to send it to.  I have made this request three times now.

Previous recipients need not apply.

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I have a sealed 6 oz pouch on my desk just waiting for somebody to take the hint and give me an address to send it to.  I have made this request three times now.

And here I thought you had my address already...

image.png.ac657aec86ca28e61e1df1064ce4dd0e.png

• Awesome 1

Just now, Randomguy said:

I am drinking Pu-Erh, iced, from the cool tea place I would take Petite and Kirby to (one of them, anyway).  If you visit, we can do a tea tour.

Screw you Anil!  I sent you coffee and you refused to drink it.  And I asked repeatedly for another posters address so I could send them some and you ignored me.   

Why does no one want some nice coffee from New Guinea?

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Screw you Anil!  I sent you coffee and you refused to drink it.  And I asked repeatedly for another posters address so I could send them some and you ignored me.   

The nice folks here are too humble to ask.  The rest of us are just azzes not deserving of Brandon's slice of heaven!

56 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I would have but I’m supposed to be of a heart healthy diet. In the hospital that only included decaf. Not sure I agree with them. I have been mixing decaf and regular this week and haven’t died yet.

Just now, Longjohn said:

I would have but I’m supposed to be of a heart healthy diet. In the hospital that only included decaf. Not sure I agree with them. I have been mixing decaf and regular this week and haven’t died yet.

If you want to live on the edge, give me a mailing address, but promise me you will not add this to any decaf.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I am sending it to Dottie, but repeatedly forget or get sidetracked.  It will go tomorrow, I promise!

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

If you want to live on the edge, give me a mailing address, but promise me you will not add this to any decaf.

And coffee is good for a heart, but maybe just that short recovery window where they worry you will rev it up too much with the high-test coffee?  I doubt LJ, with his cyclist's heart, even hits the normal "lows" of most unfit folks, so coffee - full strength or otherwise - hardly seems dangerous.  It is was related to medications and an impact on those, I would definitely say check with the doctor and/or pharmacist!

12 minutes ago, jsharr said:

He already got some I think!  Give it Airehead or Myles Garret.

I think I initially offered to Myles, and he said "screw you".  I then asked the forum in general, and no one spoke up until Dottie did, and then he went on vacation so I didn't send it until he got back (and then some).

Does Aire drink coffee?  Will she and Dottie want to have a fight to the death to see who gets it?  Dottie is expecting it, I feel, and is probably waiting at the mailbox every day.  I could send something else to Aire, but what?

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

My last diet coke was on the 15th...bit I didnt sleep well and need a pick me up. :runcirclsmiley:

I'm a Caffeine Free Diet Coke Person.  If I get a strong hit of caffeine in the evening it keeps me up.

I've been drinking 25 oz, of coffee for both breakfast and lunch most days and that will keep me going most of the day.