Jump to content

FREEDOM!!!!!


jsharr
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

Funny how mask mandates are being called intrusions on individual liberties, but auto seat belts, child safety seats, requirements to wear clothing, "no shirt, no shoes, no service" store regulations, etc. are not violations.

change takes time.

Maybe if installed annoying alarms in everyone's heads that beeped and dinged until they put a mask on it would work better?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

Funny how mask mandates are being called intrusions on individual liberties, but auto seat belts, child safety seats, requirements to wear clothing, "no shirt, no shoes, no service" store regulations, etc. are not violations.

No.  There are people who still view seatbelts as an intrusion on their rights.  We just didn't realize how many in the days before the explosion of social media and their ability to reinforce each other...somewhat like lemmings.  After all, people survive automobile accidents by being thrown out of the crashing car sometimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

No.  There are people who still view seatbelts as an intrusion on their rights.  We just didn't realize how many in the days before the explosion of social media and their ability to reinforce each other...somewhat like lemmings.  After all, people survive automobile accidents by being thrown out of the crashing car sometimes.

I wonder if the ghost of Dale Earnhardt would care to weigh in on this?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

No.  There are people who still view seatbelts as an intrusion on their rights.  We just didn't realize how many in the days before the explosion of social media and their ability to reinforce each other...somewhat like lemmings.  After all, people survive automobile accidents by being thrown out of the crashing car sometimes.

Respond to a couple of fatal TC’s and you will never question the wearing of a seat belt.  I even know a guy who survived a wreck by getting ejected on a roll over but I wore one ever since I responded to my first fatal. 

I wonder if their views would change if they saw in person what can happen to a person not wearing a seat belt.. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I wonder if the ghost of Dale Earnhardt would care to weigh in on this?

Without his seatbelt, Earnhardt wouldn't just have been dead.  He would have been dead bloody pulp.  Life is applied statistics.  Everything that helps your odds improves your chances.  But there is always a 00 on the wheel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

No.  There are people who still view seatbelts as an intrusion on their rights.  We just didn't realize how many in the days before the explosion of social media and their ability to reinforce each other...somewhat like lemmings.  After all, people survive automobile accidents by being thrown out of the crashing car sometimes.

They may survive but may become permanently disabled.

I worked for 3 yrs. in a hospital specializing in rehab care for spinal cord injuried adults...some became paralyzed for life..wheelchair bound. The hospital was part of a...national campaign for mandatory car seatbelts in Canada. It and several other ...trauma centres at acute care hospitals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...